Champions League, Feb 15 ->

marcspurs said:
This is going to sound a little sarcastic, but, you may have scored more than us and conceded less than us in the PL this season, but if we beat Blackpool next Wednesday (our game in hand) we will have more points than you....

In which case you could have 1000 more goals than us and it will not make the blindest bit of difference....

Secondly, for those saying man for man you are better, you might very well be right, but as other teams have proven over the years, it is not about how good your players are as individuals, it is how you play as a team....

Look how Jose Mourinho got a decent but not outstanding Inter team to win the CL last season, they were nowhere near the best side (as proven when the Spanish Waiter took over)..... but they played for Jose, for each other and as a team.....

We now have that spirit.... you very rarely hear a Spurs player moaning about not playing, Corluka, Kranjcar, Palacios, Sandro, Bassong.... have all played a part this season, but never moan (publicly) about not playing enough games.... Pav, Keane and Bentley are the only 3 and two of those were shipped out on loan....

I watch City and whilst you have some outstanding individual players, Silva, Tevez, De Jong, Kompany for me are top top class.... I never get the feeling that they would "put their bodies on the line for each other"....

You guys see more than I probably do.... do you feel that way too??
Can't really argue either, but your players have largely been together longer than ours, and you certainly haven't replaced as many, as quickly as we have, plus your manager has more continuity to (and the luck of the devil for me).

I'm happy to give our lads time, but we need more pace in our team for me, and I don't just mean in the running department.

Much as I hate spurs, they were good tonight, with all round the right attitude, unlike City....

yeah well done to Spurs, but this wankfest by the commentary during the game about a great performance was pathetic, Spurs were average but were better than AC Milan who were truly shite, but they did not dominate the game, they just snuffed out AC well and then got, on what was virtually their only attack of the second half, a goal.

nashark said:
Unknown_Genius said:
What league are the current Champions of Europe from? Would that be the Italian League?

One team doesn't make a league.

And Inter are nothing like the side they were last year.

Exactly, so you can't judge the strength of the Italian League on the back of AC Milan tonight.

marcspurs said:
This is going to sound a little sarcastic, but, you may have scored more than us and conceded less than us in the PL this season, but if we beat Blackpool next Wednesday (our game in hand) we will have more points than you....

In which case you could have 1000 more goals than us and it will not make the blindest bit of difference....

Secondly, for those saying man for man you are better, you might very well be right, but as other teams have proven over the years, it is not about how good your players are as individuals, it is how you play as a team....

Look how Jose Mourinho got a decent but not outstanding Inter team to win the CL last season, they were nowhere near the best side (as proven when the Spanish Waiter took over)..... but they played for Jose, for each other and as a team.....

We now have that spirit.... you very rarely hear a Spurs player moaning about not playing, Corluka, Kranjcar, Palacios, Sandro, Bassong.... have all played a part this season, but never moan (publicly) about not playing enough games.... Pav, Keane and Bentley are the only 3 and two of those were shipped out on loan....

I watch City and whilst you have some outstanding individual players, Silva, Tevez, De Jong, Kompany for me are top top class.... I never get the feeling that they would "put their bodies on the line for each other"....

You guys see more than I probably do.... do you feel that way too??

TBH i believe you spurs have got the better team man on man. and the better depth in stregh from the squad you have.

you are , unfortunally (for you) limitated by the clueless manager you have.

Rax said:
LoveCity said:
Palacios is a poor man's De Jong, even a lot of Spurs fans don't like him.
Since his brother was murdered his form nosedived. Tonight was the first time we've seen the player we bought in a long time. A completely different man. He and the 21 year old Brazilian Sandro were absolutely magnificent.

Sandro is definitely one for the future. His last 2 games for us have really shown just how good he is/will become for Spurs. He was great at Internacional, and is starting to display those traits now that he is finally settling into the team.

Kudos again to all the rational City fans and apologies for any Spurs supporters who come on here as wind up merchants. I'd honestly like to see us 3rd & you guys 4th this season and really put those Chelski pricks out on their asses.

Robinho was truly awful today, didn't look like he wanted to be there! He seems to have an allergy to English clubs as he hasn't been half bad in some Serie A games this season (admittedly against some weaker clubs than you find in the Premier League but also against some good sides). Of all games you'd expect an effort from him, tonight would have been near the top.

Unknown_Genius said:
nashark said:
One team doesn't make a league.

And Inter are nothing like the side they were last year.

Exactly, so you can't judge the strength of the Italian League on the back of AC Milan tonight.

That's different.

AC Milan, a mediocre side, are top of the league. That tells me that all other teams below must be, at best, mediocre. When a good team is top of the league like Inter was last year, the other teams below can also be good.

nashark said:
That's different.

AC Milan, a mediocre side, are top of the league. That tells me that all other teams below must be, at best, mediocre. When a good team is top of the league like Inter was last year, the other teams below can also be good.
They have a couple teams that are pulling a Chelsea, i.e. they shouldn't be playing as badly as they are. That would be Roma and Inter, by the way. No one can convince me that the Inter players didn't tank on purpose to get rid of Rafa. I would bet everything I have they wanted him gone and purposefully underperformed. Roma has the Ranieri problem. He's a great football mind who gets it right and then tinkers with everything until he completely undermines himself and the team.

Didnt see the game.But I believe Gennaro Gattuso headbutted Tottenham assistant manager Joe Jordan after the final whistle. Now Jordan was a pretty rough Bustling Centre Forward in his day.but calm down old fella,you aint playin no more.

2wm2sg0.jpg

nashark said:
Unknown_Genius said:

That's different.

Milan have been good domestically, but not so good in Europe this season. I think they've only won 2 games. Sometimes thats how things turn out. Liverpool won the Champions League, yet finished 5th, Chelsea last season won the League, yet were quite comfortable knocked out of Europe by Inter in the last 16. There are also teams in Serie A, that have underperformed, plus Milan had quite a few key players missing against Spurs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.