Champions League, Feb 15 ->

This is going to sound a little sarcastic, but, you may have scored more than us and conceded less than us in the PL this season, but if we beat Blackpool next Wednesday (our game in hand) we will have more points than you....

In which case you could have 1000 more goals than us and it will not make the blindest bit of difference....

Secondly, for those saying man for man you are better, you might very well be right, but as other teams have proven over the years, it is not about how good your players are as individuals, it is how you play as a team....

Look how Jose Mourinho got a decent but not outstanding Inter team to win the CL last season, they were nowhere near the best side (as proven when the Spanish Waiter took over)..... but they played for Jose, for each other and as a team.....

We now have that spirit.... you very rarely hear a Spurs player moaning about not playing, Corluka, Kranjcar, Palacios, Sandro, Bassong.... have all played a part this season, but never moan (publicly) about not playing enough games.... Pav, Keane and Bentley are the only 3 and two of those were shipped out on loan....

I watch City and whilst you have some outstanding individual players, Silva, Tevez, De Jong, Kompany for me are top top class.... I never get the feeling that they would "put their bodies on the line for each other"....

You guys see more than I probably do.... do you feel that way too??

nashark said:
Robinho and Ibra found wanting in a big game once again. It's easy scoring hat-tricks against Catania but when you come up against the big boys, you find out you can't compete. The Italian league is a fucking joke. Well done Spurs.

What league are the current Champions of Europe from? Would that be the Italian League?

marcspurs said:
This is going to sound a little sarcastic, but, you may have scored more than us and conceded less than us in the PL this season, but if we beat Blackpool next Wednesday (our game in hand) we will have more points than you....

In which case you could have 1000 more goals than us and it will not make the blindest bit of difference....

Secondly, for those saying man for man you are better, you might very well be right, but as other teams have proven over the years, it is not about how good your players are as individuals, it is how you play as a team....

Look how Jose Mourinho got a decent but not outstanding Inter team to win the CL last season, they were nowhere near the best side (as proven when the Spanish Waiter took over)..... but they played for Jose, for each other and as a team.....

We now have that spirit.... you very rarely hear a Spurs player moaning about not playing, Corluka, Kranjcar, Palacios, Sandro, Bassong.... have all played a part this season, but never moan (publicly) about not playing enough games.... Pav, Keane and Bentley are the only 3 and two of those were shipped out on loan....

I watch City and whilst you have some outstanding individual players, Silva, Tevez, De Jong, Kompany for me are top top class.... I never get the feeling that they would "put their bodies on the line for each other"....

No.

deano ou812 said:
it could most likely come down to this, but this season has been a strange one so far dont rule out a spurs blip,which at the moment we are having...
The thing is we're right in the middle of a blip of our own. We've not been playing particularly well recently - but have still been winning and picking up points. That's something we've never been able to do before in my lifetime!

Cheers to all the bluemooners that have given Spurs their deserved credit on this thread. It reflects well upon you.

LoveCity said:
Palacios is a poor man's De Jong, even a lot of Spurs fans don't like him.
Since his brother was murdered his form nosedived. Tonight was the first time we've seen the player we bought in a long time. A completely different man. He and the 21 year old Brazilian Sandro were absolutely magnificent.

*singingtheblues* said:
marcspurs said:

No.
Well; he has made some idiotic posts on here recently (he is a Spurs fan, after all!), but he does have a point re ''team spirit'' or whatever you'd like to call it. We have arguably better players than Spurs;their midfield obviously has more guile than ours and they play with pace (remember that), but our mob seem to be playing as a bunch of individuals rather than as a unit. Hopefully, that togetherness will come. However, they have been playing together since August (Bar Dzeko), and I would have hoped to have seen signs of us coming together a bit quicker than has been the case. Fingers crossed.

marcspurs said:

I agree 100% mate.

The team spirit is coming, though. It's no coincidence that the teams we struggle against are Everton, United and Tottenham who are willing to put in that extra yard for their team. When you have players like Balotelli, Adebayor and (to a lesser extent) Y. Toure who choose when to turn it on, as a fan who would give his right arm to play for the team, it becomes really frustrating. It's also the reason why I hate going on the transfer forum. People just want to buy, buy and buy again.

We are getting there, though.

Unknown_Genius said:
nashark said:
Robinho and Ibra found wanting in a big game once again. It's easy scoring hat-tricks against Catania but when you come up against the big boys, you find out you can't compete. The Italian league is a fucking joke. Well done Spurs.

What league are the current Champions of Europe from? Would that be the Italian League?

One team doesn't make a league.

And Inter are nothing like the side they were last year.

jimharri said:
*singingtheblues* said:
Well; he has made some idiotic posts on here recently (he is a Spurs fan, after all!), but he does have a point re ''team spirit'' or whatever you'd like to call it. We have arguably better players than Spurs;their midfield obviously has more guile than ours and they play with pace (remember that), but our mob seem to be playing as a bunch of individuals rather than as a unit. Hopefully, that togetherness will come. However, they have been playing together since August (Bar Dzeko), and I would have hoped to have seen signs of us coming together a bit quicker than has been the case. Fingers crossed.

Everyone does remember after the first half of the season we were second in the league, right? It gelled together a helluva lot faster than everyone thought it was going too! Strangely with more time we seem to have gotten worse, not sure what that's about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.