Champions League, Feb 15 ->

jimharri said:
You're really not doing yourself or your club any favours with that sanctimonious attitude. If you want to debate rationally, and without giving it the big'un (as you lot would say), you're more than welcome. If all you want to do is come on and gloat and belittle our club, I suggest you fuck off back to ''Glory Glory''.
And he's been told he won't be here long if he repeats it.

matt_MCFC said:
I think there's a difference when it comes to raising your game. Bit harder to raise your game to play Aris than it is to play AC Milan. We'd have played a lot better against Milan too i'd have thought. what is it with all the negativity on this forum all the time. Most think every team is better than ours. We're 3rd in the league and still in with a shout of 2 cups. A draw away in Europe anywhere is a good result. Yes we wanna win every game, but it doesn't work like that. Especially for a team that is in transition. Time will tell but as far as I'm concerned I wouldn't wanna support anyone else!

Matt. It's the appalling style of our build up play.

Not just tonight but over the last half dozen matches. It is painfully ponderous. It is that turgidity that allow teams like Aris to park the proverbial bus.

The ultra low tempo is perhaps a worrying symptom that we do not have the collective guile to outwit the bus parkers like Notts County, Aris and the like.

Right now, I'd take 4th place and a semifinal in either of the two cups.

We have scored 6 more goals in the Premier League than Spurs this season.

We have conceded 4 less goals in the Premier League than Spurs this season.

"Fact." - Rafa Benitez

didactic said:
YaYa's Left Peg said:
Take your blue tinted specs off - we are not a better team!

Miles ahead they just have more creative midfielders and have been very lucky with regards to injuries. Man for man spuds have noone better than we have. Even Johno is our Bale.

We beat them at attack Defoe or Tevez, Crouch or Dzeko?

Midfield would you trade Silva, Yaya and De Jong?

Defenders who would you take Kompany or Gallas? Richards or Sick note Woodgate?

Lets be realistic lads.
All very true. Man for man, I'd say we have the edge in 90% of cases. Therefore, why can't we go out and get after teams the way Spurs do? As you've said, we do have the players. Is it too simple to blame it solely on the lack of pace in our team (which even Stevie Wonder can see), or is it a mentality thing in either the players or RM?

didactic said:
YaYa's Left Peg said:
Take your blue tinted specs off - we are not a better team!

Miles ahead they just have more creative midfielders and have been very lucky with regards to injuries. Man for man spuds have noone better than we have. Even Johno is our Bale.

We beat them at attack Defoe or Tevez, Crouch or Dzeko?

Midfield would you trade Silva, Yaya and De Jong?

Defenders who would you take Kompany or Gallas? Richards or Sick note Woodgate?

Lets be realistic lads.

They have not been lucky with injuries. They missed Dawson for the first half of the season and now are keeping clean sheets again with him back, Defoe out for the first half of the season as well. Huddlestone is big for them and he's been out for months as well as a couple of their centre backs. They've now lost their top two right backs and also have had Bale missing for a while now. Other than forwards they more than match us and any other team in the league across the board.

cityboy1 said:
he mist there best players out lol

Who Modric and Van Der Vaart? Who in our team would you drop for them? In our first team squad? Or maybe you mean Kranjcar? I mentioned them when I said they had more creative midfielders who deliver more goals. Doesnt make them better than us.

Breaker said:
They have not been lucky with injuries. They missed Dawson for the first half of the season and now are keeping clean sheets again with him back, Defoe out for the first half of the season as well. Huddlestone is big for them and he's been out for months as well as a couple of their centre backs. They've now lost their top two right backs and also have had Bale missing for a while now. Other than forwards they more than match us and any other team in the league across the board.

We have had Balotelli out, Kolarov, Boateng, De Jong all first team players needed to gel needed to learn to play together. Those Spurs players have played together for YEARS!!!.

cleavers said:
jimharri said:
You're really not doing yourself or your club any favours with that sanctimonious attitude. If you want to debate rationally, and without giving it the big'un (as you lot would say), you're more than welcome. If all you want to do is come on and gloat and belittle our club, I suggest you fuck off back to ''Glory Glory''.
And he's been told he won't be here long if he repeats it.
Cheers.

3359u3b.gif

The more the game wore on the more I wanted Spurs to win, they were excellent it very much reminded me of the game at ours last season (I didnt want them to win that one).
To compare our two games tonight is ridiculous, Spurs played a team away that were going all out to win, hit them on the counter and won (deservedly so).
We played a team who were happy to draw at there own ground, had some opportunitys to win but missed, I also thought the officials were the worst we have had in the EL this season.
I dont understand all the moaning on here, would it be as depressing if spurs would of been beaten 3-0? I want them to go as far as they can in the CL more games, more travel, more injuries and more to think about.
Lets see how Aris do at ours with a top top pitch and 18000 fans behind us ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.