Champions League Final | General Team News & Updates

It clashes in the way that our home shirt clashed with Chelsea's on the four occasions this season that we have played them (ie not at all).

There is no clash with an Inter kit that is actually majority black. Both teams should be allowed to wear their home kits if that is what they so wish.
It doesn’t matter about Chelsea? UEFA have decided bar changing their mind, City will wear the home kit as City are the home team, and Inter will wear the away kit as they are away team. I doubt UEFA took Chelsea into consideration when making the decision.

It doesn’t matter about Chelsea? UEFA have decided bar changing their minds, City will wear the home kit as City are the home team, and Inter will wear their away kit as they are away team. I doubt UEFA took Chelsea into consideration when making that decision.
Why can't UEFA accommodate a reasonable request from Inter? If they say "look, we're not asking City to change but we'd like to wear our traditional colours and don't see a clash. We can demonstrate this by having played Lazio in our home colours and City by having played Chelsea in their home colours", then what's the problem? I don't know why this bothers you so much, or why it's cheeky from Inter? They don't say that they want City to change to accommodate them and will wear yellow if their request is rejected. I really don't see a problem here.

It doesn’t matter about Chelsea? UEFA have decided bar changing their mind, City will wear the home kit as City are the home team, and Inter will wear the away kit as they are away team. I doubt UEFA took Chelsea into consideration when making the decision.
You're confusing uefa designating Inter the away team with inter wearing the away kit. Being designated the away team doesnt stop inter from wearing the home kit as long as there is not a clash - both finalists more often than not where their home kit. The. Last 5 finals have been played in both teams home kits.

Last edited:
Why can't UEFA accommodate a reasonable request from Inter? If they say "look, we're not asking City to change but we'd like to wear our traditional colours and don't see a clash. We can demonstrate this by having played Lazio in our home colours and City by having played Chelsea in their home colours", then what's the problem? I don't know why this bothers you so much, or why it's cheeky from Inter? They don't say that they want City to change to accommodate them and will wear yellow if their request is rejected. I really don't see a problem here.
I agree mate, this is what it says on the UEFA website. So I guess it's just a decision for UEFA to make:

"Which kits will the teams wear in the Champions League final?
Both finalists may wear their first-choice colours, but if there is a clash the club designated as the away team (Inter) must use an alternative kit."

Oh for Gods sake, UEFA have made the decision. Why are you so adamant Inter should be allowed to wear their home kit? I hope City object.

You're confusing uefa designating Inter the away team with inter wearing the away kit. Being designated the away team doesnt stop inter from wearing the home kit as long as there is not a clash - both finalists more often than not where their home kit. The. Last 5 finals have been played in both teams home kits.

So why have Inter requested to wear their home kit? UEFA obviously think there is a clash, bar other reasons, hence why they have informed Inter they have to wear their away kit. If UEFA change their minds and allow Inter to wear their home kit, fair enough. But until that happens Inter are wearing their away kit. Unless I’ve missed something from the original info I posted?

Thanfulky as City are the home team, City didn’t have to ask UEFA if we could wear the home kit. And tbh that’s all I’m arsed about. As for Inter, they can wear what they want as long as City beat them and win the CL trophy. :-)

So why have Inter requested to wear their home kit? UEFA obviously think there is a clash, bar other reasons, hence why they have informed Inter they have to wear their away kit. If UEFA change their minds and allow Inter to wear their home kit, fair enough. But until that happens Inter are wearing their away kit. Unless I’ve missed something from the original info I posted?

Thanfulky as City are the home team, City didn’t have to ask UEFA if we could wear the home kit. And tbh that’s all I’m arsed about. As for Inter, they can wear what they want as long as City beat them and win the CL trophy. :-)
You have no idea whether uefa have told them there is a clash though. It procedure all away teams who have worn the home kit will have had to ask. If chelsea were allowed to play us in their home kit why would Inter not be allowed the same.

Last edited:
Oh for Gods sake, UEFA have made the decision. Why are you so adamant Inter should be allowed to wear their home kit? I hope City object.
Why do you hope they object? Seriously? What do City gain? Inter have asked the question, if UEFA say 'no' then we move on. I can't see a colour clash and I can't see a problem with them lodging a polite request.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.