Champions League Final | General Team News & Updates

Inter lost home and away to Bayern in the group stage without scoring a goal.

They did however take 4 points from Barcelona.
Busquets just gave an interview to Italian media, saying, “Everyone thinks City will win, but watch out. First, because anything can happen in a final, and that’s not just a cliche. And secondly, and this is even more important, when you play against a team like Inter who have such a precise, identified, and well-tested system, with five defenders, three midfielders, and two forwards, everything becomes very difficult. Inter may not create many chances, but they play with two forwards against two centre-backs, and when they get into that situation, I see Inter as capable of hurting City.”

Then again, Busquets might say the same about any team that City will play because, despite winning La Liga, Barca regularly got stomped outside of La Liga, losing 4-3 to Man Utd in their Europa League tie and 5-0 on aggregate to Bayern in the CL group stages. Barca also lost 4-1 to Real Madrid in the Copa Del Ray.

I’ll ask this in here,has any two teams from the same group in champions league went on to win champions league and the other dropping into Europa league and winning it ..

Busquets just gave an interview to Italian media, saying, “Everyone thinks City will win, but watch out. First, because anything can happen in a final, and that’s not just a cliche. And secondly, and this is even more important, when you play against a team like Inter who have such a precise, identified, and well-tested system, with five defenders, three midfielders, and two forwards, everything becomes very difficult. Inter may not create many chances, but they play with two forwards against two centre-backs, and when they get into that situation, I see Inter as capable of hurting City.”

Then again, Busquets might say the same about any team that City will play because, despite winning La Liga, Barca regularly got stomped outside of La Liga, losing 4-3 to Man Utd in their Europa League tie and 5-0 on aggregate to Bayern in the CL group stages. Barca also lost 4-1 to Real Madrid in the Copa Del Ray.

United will play like Inter Milan do on Saturday. 2 teams playing the same way against us.

United will play like Inter Milan do on Saturday. 2 teams playing the same way against us
Yeah, not ideal. Might be better to play attacking sides like Bayern than two Spurs lookalikes. But Real Madrid also played that way against City by and large - sat deep, ceded possession and planned to counter. Worked in the first leg, though City was playing to avoid losing, but failed abysmally in the second leg.

Reactions: jrb
Chelsea played in all dark blue in the 2021 CL final against…..us in our sky blue.

I’d be very surprised if Inter played in anything other than their home strip.
If I was a professional player (Which I'm not). I would find it harder to find our teammates because off thr blue they wear with the black. If Inter Miland wear their yellow kit. It would be easier for both players to find each other.

It not a secret that most if not all football players prefer playing in their home kit. That‘s from professional level to sunday league level. So I can fully understand why Inter have asked UEFA to allow them to play in their home kit against City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.