Champions League Final | Going to Porto without a Ticket?

F!Ck, that’s going to make extra time and penalties difficult. We might do better taking penalties in the dark !

On a serious note, you’re correct, those are the rules. But, I’m guessing there’ll be some ‘unofficial’ flexibility considering the circumstances.

I was in Madeira over Christmas.

They had a strict midnight closure rule in place on the island at that time.

At 03.30 on Christmas morning I was stumbling out of a Venezuelan restaurant, pissed as a fucking fart.

I think most bars will adhere to the rules, and the punishments for flouting them are probably quite harsh....however should the game go to extra time/pens then I can imagine some places trying to figure something out on the sly.

Even Adega sports bar, after I asked about the 10.30 closure and prospect of extra time/pens, said ''we will see''.

Hopefully it's a scenario we don't need to cross cos we get the job done in 90 minutes, but it's gonna be a dilemma for the bars when they will have punters desperate to throw money at them to stay open beyond half 10, yet a likely heavy police/council/authorities presence on the streets with it being a high profile game and the consequences they might face.

The sensible thing would've been to extend it to 11pm for Saturday night only.

It is a shame he’s managed to get 5 tickets to the game as the level of insight and knowledge on this podcast is off the scale. Surely its not Kevin Parker at fault, these tickets must have come from his new employers, Sky as resident pundit??

I’m travelling from the Netherlands so it would be nice to hear a few manc accents when I get there. Anyone fancy meeting up around lunch time?

Imagine trying to get that past the locals.

Yeah true, but it is only 30 minutes extra, just to cover any eventuality for the final.
I'm sure plenty of locals would enjoy the extra 30 minutes drinking time.

There would also be plenty of locals pissed off having to deal with drunken football fans for another half hour ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.