Champions League Final | Inter (N) - Sat 10th June 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging by interviews from the players/manager. It feels like there is so much more focus and determination. An acceptance that we belong at this top table but obvs we need to win it now. Felt like 2021 was more an occasion like we couldn’t believe we was actually there. We never really competed in that game. I just feel so much more confident now. Difficult game of course but I back this team against anyone.

I do think whilst difficult the club really approached that final in 2021 wrong. They made far too much of the occasion. From the entire CFA staff waving us off, to the celebrations after PSG.

This time, there's just a razor focus amongst the players. Everyone is saying the right thing, the messages from the players are much more of the "we know what we have to do" ilk rather than the "I can't believe we're in a final."

I think Inter are a very difficult side with weapons that can hurt us, but we are favourites, it's about us showing the best version of ourselves, if we do that I believe we'll win.

I just don't want us to play like we did v Chelsea which was just totally anemic.

I think losing that first CL final will be a good thing, you have to have those moments of disappointments to help build your character.

I've just finished watching highlights of Inter's road to the finals and I have to say- they look fucking good.

Their passing sequences while transitioning from defense to attack were mightily impressive. Lautaro reminds me so much of Aguero in his ability to hold the ball up top versus players much bigger than him. They're certainly not afraid to take shots from outside the box as well. We can't give them that opportunity as we did vs United with that Rashford opportunity that he put over the bar for example.

I think we'll win but the pessimist in me also thinks that from a tactical standpoint, Inter is the perfect team to beat us in a one-off game. They're a bit like Brentford but with much more quality.

2-1 City in ET.

Ederson
Walker Stones Dias Akanji
Rodri
KDB Gundo
Bernardo Haaland Grealish

Reactions: dom
I do think whilst difficult the club really approached that final in 2021 wrong. They made far too much of the occasion. From the entire CFA staff waving us off, to the celebrations after PSG.

This time, there's just a razor focus amongst the players. Everyone is saying the right thing, the messages from the players are much more of the "we know what we have to do" ilk rather than the "I can't believe we're in a final."

I think Inter are a very difficult side with weapons that can hurt us, but we are favourites, it's about us showing the best version of ourselves, if we do that I believe we'll win.

I just don't want us to play like we did v Chelsea which was just totally anemic.

I think losing that first CL final will be a good thing, you have to have those moments of disappointments to help build your character.
Hate to break it to you….

I've just finished watching highlights of Inter's road to the finals and I have to say- they look fucking good.

Their passing sequences while transitioning from defense to attack were mightily impressive. Lautaro reminds me so much of Aguero in his ability to hold the ball up top versus players much bigger than him. They're certainly not afraid to take shots from outside the box as well. We can't give them that opportunity as we did vs United with that Rashford opportunity that he put over the bar for example.

I think we'll win but the pessimist in me also thinks that from a tactical standpoint, Inter is the perfect team to beat us in a one-off game. They're a bit like Brentford but with much more quality.

2-1 City in ET.

Ederson
Walker Stones Dias Akanji
Rodri
KDB Gundo
Bernardo Haaland Grealish

Well it's highlights...the point is to show what they did well. They lost twice to Bayern in the groups and just scraped past Porto too.

Not to mention they were a mile off Napoli in their league.

But they're here and we certainly shouldn't underestimate them. But the reality is they are not some special team. If we were to lose to them, it's because we have underperformed.

if both teams turn up at their best, then we are better.

But that's the beauty of a final, you only get one chance to turn up and perform or not...that's where the nerves come from.

Anything can happen in a 1 off game but if we can't beat a team with players not good enough for the rags a 35 yr old centre back and 37yr old centre forward we are never destined to win this trophy.
In the 2020-21 Champions League, City made the two following records:

Longest winning run in UEFA competitions ever by an English team: 7
9th December 2020 – 4th May 2021

Most wins in a UEFA competition in a season ever by an English team: 11
2020-21 season

On the way to the final; we played 12 games, Won 11, Drew 1, Lost 0… then put in one of the most limp and pointless all-time European final performances against a team nowhere near as good as us.

We have to be completely of the understanding that anything can happen in a final. Inter are nowhere near as good as us, but can beat us. However, the fact that this did happen in 2021 should be a good thing in terms of this coming final on Saturday.

Last edited by a moderator:
There doesn't seem to be any odd injuries that might have been picked up during training sessions, and Lahoz retired. On the luck front, things are as good as they are going to be.

Let's have some perspective they will have serial underachiever Mkhitaryan pulling the strings in midfield and a 40 year old Dzeko leading their line , we will have KDB and Haaland.
No doubt Italian teams know how to defend and they will try every trick in the book diving , feigning injury , waiving imaginary yellow cards , time wasting and acting that could win an Oscar or two , but we are vastly superior in every department , if we do not score an early goal it will be a long evening but never been so confident before a major final , this team is probably the best Pep has produced , mentally , physically strong and potential match winners all over the team.
This is our time , we have had a few false dawns but it will not be just the Dippers bragging about Istanbul , there's a new team in town MCFC :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.