Champions League Final | Inter (N) - Sat 10th June 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those expecting a return to Real Madrid levels are asking a lot, perhaps too much?

That first 45 minutes has since been recognised as one of the greatest performances ever seen in the modern game.

It was a privilege and unlikely to come around again.

I would love a plain and simple defensive masterpiece and grind out a win.

We don't need to play risky. But we do need a little luck.. like not getting KDB's head smashed in, or falling asleep on counters.

I almost panic'ed in the FA cup final when I saw Rodri just stop running when he gave the ball away.. like did something happen to him?? Thankfully he was okay.

I do think with them parking the bus, chances will be a bit hard to come by so hopefully Erling breaks out of his slump.

His hold up play was massively improved from the last time we talked about it.

How weird, I didn't realise it at the time, but in my 68th post I referenced 1968 and it's got me to 68 'likes' too!

I hope this is an omen, I better not jinx it by posting anything else....

Oh c0ck!

I would love a plain and simple defensive masterpiece and grind out a win.

We don't need to play risky. But we do need a little luck.. like not getting KDB's head smashed in, or falling asleep on counters.

I almost panic'ed in the FA cup final when I saw Rodri just stop running when he gave the ball away.. like did something happen to him?? Thankfully he was okay.

I do think with them parking the bus, chances will be a bit hard to come by so hopefully Erling breaks out of his slump.

His hold up play was massively improved from the last time we talked about it.

We don't want to try and nick it with being defensively perfect.

Inter are very dodgy at the back and I suspect City will create numerous chances and put to bed the myth about Italian defences these days.

Long gone are the greats of Baresi, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, etc.

Some of their best defenders now are fucking Chris Smalling and Tomori.

I keep hearing people say if we should thrash inter and if we don’t we’re not as good as we think we are. I just said it’s the champions league final and any team that gets there is a very good side I don’t believe anyone can be a massive underdog at this stage. Yes we are the better team however a 5%drop in performance and it will be tough. I think we will win but it’s by far a forgone conclusion

We don't want to try and nick it with being defensively perfect.

Inter are very dodgy at the back and I suspect City will create numerous chances and put to bed the myth about Italian defences these days.

Long gone are the greats of Baresi, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, etc.

Some of their best defenders now are fucking Chris Smalling and Tomori.

Bastone is very good imo. Other than him I'd agree.

I thought the consensus was that Napoli were strong favourites to reach the final, and would be a very tough game.

Inter are maybe not as strong, but they've won 11 of their last 12 games (only defeat at Napoli away), and are rated highly in most club rankings (Opta have them 5th, after us, Bayern, Real Madrid and Napoli).

We're clearly favourites, but we'd be clear favourites in pretty much any match - the betting for games against United is ridiculous, even though our results against them are pretty even. Yesterday we dominated much of the match, but it was still relatively close, and (putting reffing decisions aside), we scored with a couple of shots that 9 times out of 10 would not result in goals.

If we play well, then I'd say we've got an 80% chance, but most football games are close enough, that a bit of luck, or a dodgy decision can easily make a difference. The likelihood isn't that this is a game where we'd have 30 shots and they won't have any. We'll both have chances, and if they have their shooting boots on, then they *could* easily make it tough for us.
Well that's made me feel better, thanks for that!!!!

I’m not sure I agree with Ric on this one. Next week is a shot at immortality and going down in history. This is a chance to go down as the greatest club side this country has ever seen. Forget the media arguements about which treble winning side is better, it won’t even be close. They struggled through every one of those three trophies where as we are destroying the best anyone has to offer. Lose to Inter and it will
be an absolute body blow now we’ve gotten here, one that’s now just unthinkable.
We could own the chanting on Sat by combining Follow Follow Follow with Best Defence In Europe - on the 4-beat starting with Follow and then WOAHH after “Stones”, then back into Follow after “Instanbul”. I’ve just recorded it and it works - what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.