Champions League Final | Inter (N) - Sat 10th June 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We win this and peps City side are immortalised forever.

100 points
domestic quad
Back to back titles x 2
4 league cups in a row
Threepeat
Beating United in a fa cup final
and now potentially the chance of a treble.

We win the game on Saturday and there will be no arguments about who the best side in English football history is. Whether we like it or not there would always be the caveat that we haven’t won this competition. win it and all counter arguments are put to bed. Better than the invincibles, better than any carnation of United, better than Jose’s Chelsea and better than any Liverpool side.

I am so desperate for us to win it. Please please please just win city
Can a side truly be considered great until it has won back to back trebles though?

If we do this on Sat, we will be immortalised forever. However, I hope we also go on and win the prem again next year to make it four in a row, never been done before, not even by the rags when the prem was a farmers league ;) They have already started with “we won three prems in a row twice” so they will then have nothing left.

I’ll take a win on Sat over that though!

Last edited:
Only thing worrying me is their back 5. Someone remind me of some games we’ve still steam rollered teams coz I can only think of likes of Wolves, Brentford and Everton over the years. That system does seem to level the playing field a little against teams we’d hammer in a 4.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I beg to differ. The European Cup (Champions League) is the pinnacle of the sport of football. I would put it above the World Cup actually.

Well it's like comparing apples to oranges but even then World Cup is more colossal than CL. It happens also after 4 years so it's incredibly more hard to get it.

This year we have - according to the bookies - a really good chance to win it and at the same time match Man United's treble (lucky treble) of 1999. I am absolutely desperate for it to happen. This opportunity, even for a club as wealthy and well managed as ours only comes along once in a bluemoon (can you see what I did there!) but I know in a one-off match strange things can happen,

United's treble was indeed more lucky in the sense they won Juventus away and the final with some "dark magic", they deserved to lose in the final and there was no round of 16 also so it was easier too, but ok they will correctly argue about the last that in group stages there was Barcelona and Bayern.

VAR will be playing for Inter so I am nervous but I really want this, massively.

What?? Do you think because of Roma and Mourinho whining about the other final, UEFA will want to favor the Italian team?
Now you put me into bad thoughts and I'm even more nervous :(

I assume this is just italian media trying to stir the pot but thought i'd throw this out there

That is absolute bs, as it's only today that the first training for City will happen and Guardiola will see the players how they are on their physical condition, etc.
Then tomorrow training will follow and then Thursday's. Then at the end of that day I guess he will have a very good picture in his head about which players he will use.
And on Friday's training he will decide.

If silva is injured I can see this he was limping when you watch the tunnel cam video

OMG do you have any info about that? I saw him limping yeah, but not a word afterwards from the team.
It would be terrible if it's true, I guess we will hear many news today form Pep in the interview or there will not be an interview? I'm on pins and needles right now about this, I hope anyone knows something more about Silva's condition. :(

OMG do you have any info about that? I saw him limping yeah, but not a word afterwards from the team.
It would be terrible if it's true, I guess we will hear many news today form Pep in the interview or there will not be an interview? I'm on pins and needles right now about this, I hope anyone knows something more about Silva's condition. :(

He was limping but it could of been cramp or just stiffness

Referee should not be an issue. Marcinyak seems to have balls. He put two penalties against Argentina without consultation with VAR in the final game where everybody around were screaming that Messi and Argentina deserve the title at all costs.

Similar story was in 2017 in Cardiff in CL final (different referee though). Everybody screaming that it was Juve time and Buffon deserved to lift the trophy, however, we all know the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.