Champions League Final | Inter (N) - Sat 10th June 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Milan underrated Liverpool. The same way Pep didn't underrate Inter in 2010 when you beat Barca in the semi finals. It's football and sometimes the underdog wins, and often they don't.

Milan were 3-0 up and coasting and took their foot off the gas and once the momentum swung they couldn't do anything about it. But they went and got their revenge two years later.

What fans and pundits say is irrelevant. There is not a chance Pep will be taking Inter lightly. He'll have watched every single game you've played this season and analysed each detail of your build up, attacking plays and defensive plays and set pieces and he'll have come up with an idea of how we can win the game and will be training the side tactically this week to prepare for it.

If we lose, like we did against Chelsea, it will not be due to a lack of respect or underrating Inter. It will just be because the tactics didn't work or we didn't play to the level we should do.

Can’t underestimate any team in this competition, they’ve got to a final so here on merit. Porto 2021 must still haunt this group of players, they’ve exorcised one ghost with Madrid being dumped out. They need to turn up for this final and demonstrate how good they are to take the final step.

You mean log into the UEFA ticket app with this ? I don’t get it! I’m getting an email saying my ticket is ready, putting my email address in for the code to be sent but then not getting the fucking email with the code!
This is only a fix if you registered with your APPLE ID as I did.
I downloaded The champions League App first using my Apple id then the Uefa Ticket app.
Logging in with APPLE ID creates a separate email address(ending privatrelay@appleid.com).
In the Champions League app check your account settings email used must be the same.
You mustn't copy and paste as I did a few times.
I was putting my work email in for days.
If this doesn't work and you have your invoice then contact
support.tickets.uclf@uefa.ch with your order number they were( a little bit slow)but great with me.

Underrating other teams can be deadly .... Liverpool - Milan 2005 is a reminder, it also happend at Ataturk stadium.
By the way, the Milan players of those days often mentioned how long the tunnel between the pitch and the stadium was ... almost made players lose half of half time. There will be less half time time for dressing room talk than normal.
As for me, I'll disappear if we win (out of respect for you guys) .... and if we lose, I'll disappear regardless but come to send one last post, to congratulate

I agree regarding the Liverpool-Milan game.

I just hope that the City - Chelsea final 2 years ago has put that seed into our heads that we can't just expect to turn up and this final will be like Milan in 07.

To be fair to Liverpool, they did have Gerrard and Alonso in midfield, two players who would get into most if not all teams of the last 20 years. I am not convinced this Inter team has that level of quality, albeit I do worry about Martinez.

One thing that surprises me with this Inter team is the amount of shots they have a game..I think they average more than City this season per game. This despite playing a 5 at the back.

This is our time. We have beaten two of the best teams in the world and european powerhouses in munich and Madrid. We have smashed Arsenal, Liverpool, United and more.. Its fair to be confident.. anything can happen. We deserve to be here deserve to be confident and hope all you blues travelling return home safe. This is it blue boys

I agree regarding the Liverpool-Milan game.

I just hope that the City - Chelsea final 2 years ago has put that seed into our heads that we can't just expect to turn up and this final will be like Milan in 07.

To be fair to Liverpool, they did have Gerrard and Alonso in midfield, two players who would get into most if not all teams of the last 20 years. I am not convinced this Inter team has that level of quality, albeit I do worry about Martinez.

One thing that surprises me with this Inter team is the amount of shots they have a game..I think they average more than City this season per game. This despite playing a 5 at the back.
Our run to the final was easier, on average, than what it usually takes. On the other hand, we still had a derby in the semifinals (regardless of how bad Milan was ... can you imagine meeting United in the CL semifinals? It's never going to be easy for you, regardless of how good/bad United are, and people tend to forget that)

Regardless of our easier run, it's been almost 400 consecutive minutes since Milan scored against us and we have had 7 clean sheets in this CL run (record is 8 if I am not mistaken). The final picture that comes out is that we don't obviously have the quality as some other teams, but we seem to be very organized.

Regardless, I hope it will be a tight game. Albeit some of you would prefer to see a 4 - 0, if that happens that wouldn't benefit neither of us, as you'll have some english fans underrating your victory saying you played the easiest final ever.

As for Lautaro Martinez, i like him though I personally like Di Marco the most, he's been great for us on the left wing

Our run to the final was easier, on average, than what it usually takes. On the other hand, we still had a derby in the semifinals (regardless of how bad Milan was ... can you imagine meeting United in the CL semifinals? It's never going to be easy for you, regardless of how good/bad United are, and people tend to forget that)

Regardless of our easier run, it's been almost 400 consecutive minutes since Milan scored against us and we have had 7 clean sheets in this CL run (record is 8 if I am not mistaken). The final picture that comes out is that we don't obviously have the quality as some other teams, but we seem to be very organized.

Regardless, I hope it will be a tight game. Albeit some of you would prefer to see a 4 - 0, if that happens that wouldn't benefit neither of us, as you'll have some english fans underrating your victory saying you played the easiest final ever.

As for Lautaro Martinez, i like him though I personally like Di Marco the most, he's been great for us on the left wing

Nice summary and some interesting points I was unaware of.

I think ultimately the concern as a city fan is the unknown factor..until we get through that first 15 minutes, I don't know how good this Inter team are. There isn't a reference game to go off like a knockout game against a Bayern or Madrid, albeit you got a good draw away to Barca.

As you said though, the derby in the semi is definitely something I hope city never have to go through.

How would you compare this Inter side to the one that won the league under Conte.

Also, why do you think Napoli faired so poorly against Milan yet finished so far ahead in Serie A?

Posts like yours are just like the shite I keep hearing on talkSHITE and sly sports. Makes it seem like the treble is a foregone conclusion and that Inter is an easy game. Setting us up for a hammering if we don’t win. Utter bollocks, and fortunately our manager and players know very different and will be prepared accordingly
Why are you listening to Talkshite and watching Sly Sports? They’re there to tee up the half wits that call in on Talkshite. I doubt anybody is underestimating Inter, nobody gets to a final without being very good. But there are fewer pitfalls this time round. Many of the squad were around a couple of years ago so have some experience, more so than Inter. We’re not playing an English team. We’re not playing a team managed by Tuchel. You can be confident without underestimating or being arrogant. My stomach was in knots in the week before Chelsea. This time I’m calm. Doesn’t mean I think it’s a foregone conclusion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.