Champions League Final | Istanbul or could it be moved?

I think me canvassing views on transport logistics doesn’t quite amount to triumphalism. I’ve already conceded this tie will be extremely tough to win. I’m just trying put some insurance down now, which I think I’m entitled to do.

I’ll live with losing a few quid if we get knocked out to Real, as we could very well could be.

It has to be done. I booked up Paris last year with free cancellation, before we played the second leg against Real. I wasn't expecting to go, just preparing in case we did. Because the dippers had already got there things sold out/spiralled in price very quickly. So it was the logical thing to do.

For those looking this time around, possible itinerary below.

Fri 9th June
Stansted 5.55 - Sofia 11.00

Mon 12th June
Sofia 12.30 - Stansted 13.45
Or... Sofia 21.15 - Stansted 22.30

Cost is £70-80 depending on combination with Ryanair.

Train to Istanbul headlines:

Leaves Sofia at 18.40 and arrives in Istanbul 05.34 the next day.
It then leaves Istanbul at 20.45 and arrives in Sofia at 09.20 the next day.

Good website below which gives prices/images of potential seating/sleeping options.

Looks like circa £50 to get a decent place to kip so £100 return. Flights between the two cities are £200 as a quicker/easier option.

*Edited to get correct dates with prices updated.

Last edited:
It has to be done. I booked up Paris last year with free cancellation, before we played the second leg against Real. I wasn't expecting to go, just preparing in case we did. Because the dippers had already got there things sold out/spiralled in price very quickly. So it was the logical thing to do.

Fri 7th June

Mon 10th June

Cost is £70-75 depending on combination with Ryanair.

Good website below which gives prices/images of potential seating/sleeping options.

Looks like circa £50 to get a decent place to kip so £100 return. Flights between the two cities are £200 as a quicker/easier option.
Going to get on this, this afternoon. Thanks pal.

Great shout. Might get on that tomorrow.

I’ve just concluded that I’ve got to go to this come what may. If we get through, obviously. Which is far from fucking certain btw!
I’ve looked at this as well, just pricing up 8-12th in Istanbul with flights about £1k, I’ve already reserved a hotel months ago but flights are fucking nighmare.

Fri 7th June

Mon 10th June

Cost is £70-75 depending on combination with Ryanair.

With the trains - am i right in thinking you cant book tickets online and it has to be on the day? Is there any risk of trains selling out? I see there's also a flixbus that takes 8 hours from sofia to istanbul

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.