Champions League Final | Istanbul or could it be moved?

No way it will be like Porto.

1. Flights will 100% not be free. No global pandemic = no free flights.

2. It's way to far for a day trip. 5hr flight?

Hoping there will be a club travel package but it's anyones guess. Won't find out until at very earliest Thursday.

We are getting 20000 tickets this time,if they don't do something subsidised or free,you won't be selling anywhere near that.
It's not everyone who can afford approx 1000 pounds plus.
On a practical basis - haven’t a load of the slots already been taken up? Last time around there wasn’t as much travel taking place due to the restricted nature.

Last time around 3,000 fans were on the 16 free planes. They set off every 15 minutes from 7am, so the later ones were getting into Porto city centre around 4pm with about 2 hours drinking before the bus to a dry stadium.

After the game there was an incredibly long wait on a coach for the later planes, and not exactly quick if you were on the first ones. Maybe it was just due to Covid, but it wasn't enjoyable doing a day trip like that.
So glad I gave spike a £1000 for me and the lad. Despite the result it was one of the best euro trips I’ve ever done
And I’ve done a few!!

It wouldn’t have been the same in and out especially with the lack of football the previous year and being a final too

They got lucky last time because they sold all their packages and then City announced the flights later if I remember correctly.
We booked with Sports Options after the free travel had been announced. We wanted to make a weekend of it. Most of my mates did the freebie and it sounded shit. Nice offer from the club though.

Can’t see club doing anything in the way of subsidised day trips. You’re looking at a 14 hour return travel time there and back if you factor in flight, security and wait times, plus transfers, couple of hours free time and the match itself …. another 6 hours? Agony.

booked flights before Bayern game, am fully expecting it to be moved if we get there but let’s get there first..

I think there’s a new major airport in Istanbul now, but last time I changed flights in Ataturk, it was very security heavy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.