Champions League Final | Istanbul Travel - Good to hear routes etc.

Got tickets yesterday and finally thought I can stop fretting about getting this trip sorted only to discover today my check in details werent displaying correctly. Had to pay an extra £26 just to change the expiration date on one of the passports which was displaying as blank which im completely adamant wasnt my error, but fine, i'll suck it up.

However, in making that tiny change, they've also just changed our flights completely unnecessarily without warning and with no say in it which were originally booked to fly at 20.20 Friday night to Antalya with a 2-3hr connection to istanbul and now were flying nearly 24 hours earlier at 8.55pm on the Thursday with all the other flights including the connecting one staying the same. Really screwed our plans right over. Means weve now got to get another day free and off work etc for a start, change travel plans down to gatwick which is going to add a decent wedge onto the trip as well as figuring out what the hell we are going to do after landing in Antalya at 3am and flying on to istanbul in the early hours of the next day around 24 hours later. Nightmare.

Where abouts are you staying.? Maybe taxi share from IST?
No hotel Friday night. Planning on hanging out at the airport for a few hours before some sightseeing, and then going to our hotel early afternoon (assuming we get match tickets as waiting to my youngest son to qualify).

hi, too much traffic that time of day. there is metro station at sabiha also. you may use it, but it will be very crowded also. your choice.
cheers.
Do you recommend metro to taksim? I land at 6pm Friday evening - will traffic be bad then?

No hotel Friday night. Planning on hanging out at the airport for a few hours before some sightseeing, and then going to our hotel early afternoon (assuming we get match tickets as waiting to my youngest son to qualify).
No worries. I'm sure a few more blues will be around..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.