Champions League Final | Istanbul Travel - Good to hear routes etc.

looking at transfers from IST airport to taksim, anyone booked one yet, probably gonna be a good idea for us as we have 0730 flight back to Edinburgh on the Monday morning

Those who are going for multiple days but getting an early flight home on the Sunday 7:40, what do you plan to do with your hand luggage that you take? Will you have enough time to go back to the hotel and on to the airport?
Or are you all just travelling super light?
Slightly later flight than that for me, but hoping I can leave my bag in the hotel luggage room after checking out (no point in paying for a room for the night), and going via the hotel to collect it (near Taksim square) to the airport.

I guess UEFA will have some sort of bag drop facility but can’t imagine it being too smooth, and picking stuff from there afterwards adds another complication to getting away from a stadium in the middle of nowhere in the early hours of the morning.

Failing the above, might just have to ask a mate staying an extra day if they have room in their bag to take home some additional stuff…

looking at transfers from IST airport to taksim, anyone booked one yet, probably gonna be a good idea for us as we have 0730 flight back to Edinburgh on the Monday morning
I’m potentially on this flight (if I get a ticket on Tuesday). My hotel gave me a price of €45 for a transfer.

Do you recommend metro to taksim? I land at 6pm Friday evening - will traffic be bad then?
terrible traffic, worst time of week. if i were you i d use metro. metro will be very crowded also at that time. so... make your choice. metro will be quicker but crowded, taxi will be comfortable, but traffic in istanbul is depressive.

Another question re connecting flights, or rather self transfer connecting flights where we’ve booked separately with 2 different airlines. On the way back on the Sunday we’re flying back into Düsseldorf with Turkish Airlines then - providing all on time - we have about 2 and half hours before our Eurowings flight home. Do we have to come all the way through security and passport control (as if we were arriving at our final destination) before going all the way back through again or do we just head for our departure gate for our next flight with a possible passport check on the way?

Apologies for what might seem a daft question but I’ve only done connecting flights with the same airline before!

As you are going non-Schengen to non-Schengen you should be able to transit, which means you will have to go through security but not immigration. I can't quite remember the layout of Duss but you may be able to stay airside. That assumes you are checked in and hold your boarding card for your Duss - MAN flight and have hand baggage only. Otherwise you will have to exit immigration and customs, collect your bag and then re-check for your flight to MAN.

As you are going non-Schengen to non-Schengen you should be able to transit, which means you will have to go through security but not immigration. I can't quite remember the layout of Duss but you may be able to stay airside. That assumes you are checked in and hold your boarding card for your Duss - MAN flight and have hand baggage only. Otherwise you will have to exit immigration and customs, collect your bag and then re-check for your flight to MAN.
Thanks. This is a little at odds with what another poster said earlier. We will have hand baggage only and will already be checked in. Guess we’ll suss it out on the day. Can’t believe I’m worrying about a homeward bound flight (I’m off work all the following week!) when we’ve got 2 trophies to play for in the meantime ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.