Champions League Final | Istanbul Travel - Good to hear routes etc.

Kerem.

In general how are City fans and English fans perceived in Istanbul and Turkey? Do the English still have a bad reputation as trouble causers or has that changed now since the start of the PL? Will City fans get a warm welcome in Istanbul from fans of the Istanbul clubs?

Also, are there any does and dont’s, bar misbehaving and respecting the people and the culture of Turkey.

Many thanks.
turkish guys always loved england..why do you say so? ok a terrible incident happened in 2000 between gs an leeds fans. by the way i am gala fan from stadium, i know the guys who involved in the incident. it was a terrible day for us. sorry for reminding it.
i came to manchester on april 2011 for utd fulham game. after the game, i was waiting for the bus to london in a pub near bus station with my friend. and drinking beer. there was a couple, we started to chat with them. great guys. then the conversation came to that incident. the guy was a friend of leeds fan who passed away. so sad.... i could not know what to say to him. i apologised a lot. but.0 what can you say?

TURKISH fans LOVE you. esp man city at the moment. all the teenagers are fans of man city. Turkish people are kind. we are waiting for you.
everyone will try to help you. you ll have a great time.

you do not have a bad reputation here. turkish people watch premier league more than turkish league. me also.

an city is their fav team. so dont worry...esp teenagers... if you need any help, ask the teenagers. i will write a long post about everything next week.

i wrote before, i think, last week.. dont make jokes about our banknotes (ataturk picture on it) or our flag. that terrible thing with leeds fans in 2000 happened because of that.

everybody loves in england. esp in kadıkoy (kadıkoy is the center of brit rock) and besiktas.

cheers bro, dont worry,, you ll gave great time. feel free at besiktas and kadıkoy, do whayever you want 7/24

turkish guys always loved england..why do you say so? ok a terrible incident happened in 2000 between gs an leeds fans. by the way i am gala fan from stadium, i know the guys who involved in the incident. it was a terrible day for us. sorry for reminding it.
i came to manchester on april 2011 for utd fulham game. after the game, i was waiting for the bus to london in a pub near bus station with my friend. and drinking beer. there was a couple, we started to chat with them. great guys. then the conversation came to that incident. the guy was a friend of leeds fan who passed away. so sad.... i could not know what to say to him. i apologised a lot. but.0 what can you say?

TURKISH fans LOVE you. esp man city at the moment. all the teenagers are fans of man city. Turkish people are kind. we are waiting for you.

you do not have a bad reputation here. turkish people watch premier league more than turkish league. me also.

an city is their fav team. so dont worry...esp teenagers... if you need any help, ask the teenagers. i will write a long post about everything next week.

i wrote before, i think, last week.. dont make jokes about our banknotes (ataturk picture on it) or our flag. that terrible thing with leeds fans in 2000 happened because of that.

everybody loves in england. esp in kadıkoy (kadıkoy is the center of brit rock) and besiktas.

cheers bro, dont worry,, you ll gave great time. feel free at besiktas and kadıkoy, do whayever you want 7/24
I have 1 ticket for the game. But the rest of the family will be in Istanbul. Where is best to watch the game, would you know where best to go?

Cheers

sorry. taksim is cool also... ok if you wanna party there. party there. i know in 2005 pool fans partieed there. ok. taksim square. it is cool. i will write a long post next week about everythinhg. also about taksim.. cheers. for boys and for girls i am gonna give advices....

My mate is from Manchester and he has lived and worked in Turkey since back in 1985,married a Turkish girl and have a grown up daughter.he worked in Istanbul in the American University but is now retired,they live six months in Ayvalik and six months in Istanbul. He loves Turkey and its people.

IF, if I'm able to get a ticket, I'll be flying out Saturday morning then back to the airport after the game.

Struggling to find a flight that gets there before KO. Any ideas?

Cheers.
There are flights from Brussels and Amsterdam that will get you there for around 5pm which is 5 hrs before kick off. Tight but doable. Both can be reached from Manchester early morning.

Also

Easyjet to Dalaman at 6.05am (gets there 12.25) then change flights Dalaman to Istanbul (IST) - 1.55pm. Gets you there at 3.20pm. - costs about £240

Trip have been fine whenever I’ve used them.
I had a disaster with them in Hong Kong early 2020. No hotel booking when we arrived despite confirmation emailfrom Trip. Colleagues in HK/China said to me they never use them after they heard what had happened. Never again!!

There are flights from Brussels and Amsterdam that will get you there for around 5pm which is 5 hrs before kick off. Tight but doable. Both can be reached from Manchester early morning.

Also

Easyjet to Dalaman at 6.05am (gets there 12.25) then change flights Dalaman to Istanbul (IST) - 1.55pm. Gets you there at 3.20pm. - costs about £240

Looked at EasyJet (Pegasus). Getting in SAW - with 1 stop - after 4pm from London £400+.

Turkish Airlines have one time wise as a better option from Stanstead at just over £700 into IST.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.