Champions League Final | Istanbul Travel - Good to hear routes etc.

Me and old man got it for £157 for 3 nights in fatih with a sea view. Next step is to figure out transport from the airport into the city centre. Anyone got any idea?

I lived in Istanbul for a year a few years ago and I’d just taxi everywhere around Istanbul and the centre- very cheap compared to UK- faith is like 20-30 mins out of centre with traffic so it’s gonna be like £5-6

Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen

It's a fair distance from Istanbul centre. Quoted €60 by our hotel.
Just priced up on istanbulshuttleport.com and for a private transfer 1-6 people looks like an £84 return so pretty decent tbf

Detour on our 2 week holiday in Greece just booked.

We had booked a holiday on the Greek Island of Ios with free cancellation on our apartment in case we got to the final. So with a trip to Istanbul now a certainty we've cancelled to 1st 5 days of our holiday.

We fly Manchester to Athens then Athens to Istanbul on the Wednesday and back to Athens on the Sunday after the game to resume our holiday. £225 each for the flights from Athens to Istanbul return and hotel in Istanbul £100 per night.

Looking forward to 3 full days in the Turkish capital then a complete chill out for 8 days in Greece (hopefully having bagged the trophy)

This is how it feels to be City.......
Planning the UEFA Super Cup already!?

I'd think more than that. Would be at least £700 I'd have thought and that's if they do an in and out option.
I had that amount in my head for some reason. It might price me out that. Have Pegasus added the flights they were talking about yet?

Just priced up on istanbulshuttleport.com and for a private transfer 1-6 people looks like an £84 return so pretty decent tbf
Looks like metro from SAW to Yenikapi (near my hotel) is about £2 and will take 1 hour and 10 mins.

Checked Uber too (not certain where in fatih your hotel is so checked to mine) and it's saying £18-£22 from SAW to Yenikapi metro station.

Just remember for the majority of people, data will not be included on your phone so might be difficult to rely on Uber.

Sound advice. Any flights currently for 3/4 days are min £700 direct from Manchester now so people may as well wait and see what comes out next few days.
I've just found indirect flights for around £420 which I don't think is going to be bettered by City or Sport Options. The only thing stopping me pulling the trigger is awaiting confirmation that it's definitely going to be in Istanbul - do you think it's pretty much a safe bet that the venue isn't going to change?

Looks like metro from SAW to Yenikapi (near my hotel) is about £2 and will take 1 hour and 10 mins.

Checked Uber too (not certain where in fatih your hotel is so checked to mine) and it's saying £18-£22 from SAW to Yenikapi metro station.

Just remember for the majority of people, data will not be included on your phone so might be difficult to rely on Uber.
What are the roaming charges like in Turkey mate? Are they EU prices or expensive as fuck?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.