Champions League Final | Istanbul Travel - Good to hear routes etc.

Train to Stansted early morning.
Stansted to Bremen night in Germany tomorrow.
10am flight to Istanbul on Friday. All feels very real now.

Just going off what UEFA says about journey times. Google predicts 24-40 minutes for that afternoon and evening, taking the O-7 motorway, which fits the UEFA schedule. If stuck, I'll take a bus to the nearest metro station and get in from there. That would be a pain but still only takes 90 minutes in total. Using rail alone would take 150 minutes. Let's hope that UEFA's shuttles run on time. Pity they haven't yet completed the metro extension that will go direct from SAW to the stadium.
metro extension completed. SAW METRO STATION IS WORKING. am i getting something wrong here?

i just called the municipality. 2 DIFFERENT CALL CENTERS.
THEY CONFIRMED. it is working.
cheers

Sorry mate and this isn't a dig at you personally, but it's total knobbery to book a gameday flight into a metropolis of a city just a few hours before kick off for a major event, especially after sinking nearly 2k in costs. Hope you all get sorted but the mind boggles why another flight option wasn't chosen.

It's easy to blame UEFA bus times but this one is on City fans unfortunately. It's like some of our lot have never travelled further than Stretford.
Thanks for not including me in the comment. As it happens, I have travelled all over the world on business over many years and this will be the third time to Istanbul. Each of us will have different times available for travel and there are people who can take a day or more either side and those who can't. I can't on this occasion.

My comment was about UEFA's shuttle schedules, which end too early and don't fit well with UEFA's own comments about getting to the ground if you arrive after various times. To put it another way, how would we all like it if the public transport to the Etihad stopped four hours before kick-off?

In the end it won't matter because there's always a way, even if it costs. Let's hope we all have safe journeys.

Just going off what UEFA says about journey times. Google predicts 24-40 minutes for that afternoon and evening, taking the O-7 motorway, which fits the UEFA schedule. If stuck, I'll take a bus to the nearest metro station and get in from there. That would be a pain but still only takes 90 minutes in total. Using rail alone would take 150 minutes. Let's hope that UEFA's shuttles run on time. Pity they haven't yet completed the metro extension that will go direct from SAW to the stadium.

3ac07c81876da72e433fd9cfeefaa12e.png

It’s 100 Km from SAW airport to the stadium, don’t know what method of transport you’ve selected, but that isn’t happening in 24-40 mins ?

I think I know what the issue is … I think you may have mixed up IST & SAW the TWO airports in Istanbul. Everything you say would be correct if you were arriving at IST, which is just North of the Stadium, and much closer than SAW

Last edited:
Would you recommend getting the metro from IST to Taksim Square? Or are shuttle buses a quicker idea
i am always saying that. if i were you; i would you metro, MARMARAY (main metro). always. for everything.
M4 METRO LINE - FROM SAW TO KADIKOY (ayrılık cesmesi stop)
then transfer to marmaray. (go to yenikapı stop)
then take M2 line, 10 minutes to taksim.

be carefull about traffic. really be careful. esp the ones who are landing on matchday evening.

Last edited:
3ac07c81876da72e433fd9cfeefaa12e.png

It’s 100 Km from SAW airport to the stadium, don’t know what method of transport you’ve selected, but that isn’t happening in 24-40 mins ?
this is the 3rd bridge, opened a few years ago. i dont have experience about that route. it may be right since that road is usually open. but i can not guarantte. nevet trust traffic in istanbul.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.