Champions League Final | Istanbul Travel - Good to hear routes etc.

We've uses booking.com and got a hotel close to Taksim sq on the main Rd, i think it was called Golf royal, £100 for 2 nights

We gambled before the 1st leg of the semi with a £48 flight to Sofia from stansted and £23 all night bus to Istambul.
Then took a chance booking a direct flight back to Manc before the 2nd leg.
Got that for £140.
Got coach booked to stansted for £25.
Gambled last year aswell booking the eurostar to Paris but obviously lost the gamble then.
So 4 hours on a Stansted bus, 10 hours on an overnight bus and you could have booked direct before Wednesday £360 instead of the £236 you’re paying! All that faffing about for £124, I admire your dedication, hope you have a great trip :-)

Hotel recommendations please or area
Cheers
Loads on Booking.Com. Suggest 3 Star as Hotels are cheap. I booked 3 nights £240 but much many cheaper Fatih area or near Taksim Square are the main tourist areas/sites/restaurants and safe

How are people planning to get from Sabiha Gokcen airport to the centre? Taxi or metro? Metro seems considerably the cheaper option but seems to take about 45 mins longer according to Google Maps.

How are people planning to get from Sabiha Gokcen airport to the centre? Taxi or metro? Metro seems considerably the cheaper option but seems to take about 45 mins longer according to Google Maps.
There is a shuttle that takes you directly to Taksim Sq. There is the same kind of shuttle for IST airport also

If you can get a few of you, sharing a taxi will be much easier and probably costs about £25-30

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.