Champions League Final | Istanbul Travel - Good to hear routes etc.

LOL, i don't think so,its still the same country with the same entry rules,asian or european side.

Good Info that cheers,
we stay on the opposite side of taksim square near Macdonalds, looks an easy option
unless the rumoured UEFA shuttle buses are running similar route.

Trust City to reach the final where it's being played in one of the most far flung European cities imaginable, only Kiev would've been worse.
Loads of ways of getting there as this thread has shown if you put in a bit of legwork mate. This isn’t anywhere near as bad as the Arsenal and Chelsea fans had it when the Europa League final was in Azerbaijan.

Thanks for replying mate.
My understanding from your reply is I won't need a visa.
I asked as when I went to Egypt you needed a visa to go from Sharm (Asian side) to Cairo (African side)
Also needed a passport to go to the Turkish side of Cyprus.

Would you know whether its a feasible option to fly there if staying over?
Fly where, Cyprus ?

We are both age concession on cup scheme and should get a ticket.
However, the hardest part was the decision making as to whether to just stay at home watch on TV. The stress level was high, waiting all day Friday for the club to announce travel plans.
Hubby fell asleep and I thought I’m going to get us there!!!
so…..booked direct
M/cr to Antalya 7th June - 13 June Jet 2
5* Hotel Trendy Lara 6 nights - All inclusive
Ant to Istanbul 10 June am return 11 June 8 am flight Istanbul to Antalya-Turk Airways.
£900 each! All in, cheaper than club offer for 1 day.
No stress now and we are going to Istanbul.

Last edited:
Fly where, Cyprus ?
No, I'm looking at flights to Sabiha Gokcem Airport on the Asian side of Istanbul and was trying to see if it was a feasible option.
The other airport (main one) is on the European side of Istanbul.
I was asking about visas as when I've been to Egypt (Asian and African sides) and Cyprus (Greek and Turkish sides) you need a visa even though it's the same country so I was asking if one was needed to go from the Asian side of Istanbul to the European side.
My understanding from the reply was that you wouldn't need a visa.
Thanks for the info.

No, I'm looking at flights to Sabiha Gokcem Airport on the Asian side of Istanbul and was trying to see if it was a feasible option.
The other airport (main one) is on the European side of Istanbul.
I was asking about visas as when I've been to Egypt (Asian and African sides) and Cyprus (Greek and Turkish sides) you need a visa even though it's the same country so I was asking if one was needed to go from the Asian side of Istanbul to the European side.
My understanding from the reply was that you wouldn't need a visa.
Thanks for the info.
You dont need a visa mate, Im flying into Saw,Sabiha.
Its slightly further away from cenral Istanbul than the other airport.

You dont need a visa mate, Im flying into Saw,Sabiha.
Its slightly further away from cenral Istanbul than the other airport.
Cheers Blue,
I think I'll look at Sabiha as there seem to be more flexible options with flights etc. which will give me more scope around work commitments.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.