Champions League Final | Istanbul Travel - Good to hear routes etc.

Outward
Liverpool - Larnaca (EasyJet) Thur 08.00 - 14.25
Nicosia - Istanbul (Pegasus) Thur 22.20 - 23.50

Return
Istanbul - Nicosia Tues Tues 13th c.2pm
Larnaca - Lpool Tues Tues 13th c.10pm

£320 all in.

Accommodation and Ticket still to purchase.
Also just occurred to me as a regular visitor to Cyprus.... (From gov website) ....

Local travel
British and other foreign nationals who have entered Cyprus through the north (such as via Ercan airport) are considered by the Government of the Republic of Cyprus to have entered Cyprus through an illegal port of entry. The Republic of Cyprus does not recognise the self-declared ‘Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus’ in the north of Cyprus, nor residence permits issued by the administration there. The Government of the Republic of Cyprus may fine you for illegal entry if you cross into the south, or refuse you entry into or exit from the Republic, or prevent crossing at the boundary with the north.

Also just occurred to me as a regular visitor to Cyprus.... (From gov website) ....

Local travel
British and other foreign nationals who have entered Cyprus through the north (such as via Ercan airport) are considered by the Government of the Republic of Cyprus to have entered Cyprus through an illegal port of entry. The Republic of Cyprus does not recognise the self-declared ‘Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus’ in the north of Cyprus, nor residence permits issued by the administration there. The Government of the Republic of Cyprus may fine you for illegal entry if you cross into the south, or refuse you entry into or exit from the Republic, or prevent crossing at the boundary with the north.
He will have entered in the south and leave in the south so it’s ok

Still looking for somewhere myself for thr Saturday night, i intended on going as basic as possible. from the chatter I'm hearing from others, taksim square or around there seems to be the safe bet.
2 of use staying just off taksim square , metro park hotel cheap n cheerful, won’t be in it much,

Technically he will but he will have exited Cyprus and returned. If he has no stamp in his passport from Ercan (Nicosia) then he might be okay.
Is this a theoretical risk or a very real practical one ie is what I’m doing likely to be ok or has someone got first hand experience of ending up in the shit?

Me and the missus went in December and flew into Larnaca then arranged a taxi to our hotel in the north of island (ie the unrecognised independent pro-Turkey and non-Cypriot part) and back again to Larnaca airport without any problems and the border crossing was fine.

Would they check everyone’s passport if taking the bus? It’s not as if I’m a security risk surely?

Still looking for somewhere myself for thr Saturday night, i intended on going as basic as possible. from the chatter I'm hearing from others, taksim square or around there seems to be the safe bet.
I’ve just pm kerem gokmen hopefully he can point us in right direction

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.