Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Even if you don't think the formation had an effect on the way we played (which I totally disagree with) there is still a massive question over why Raheem was included in the starting line up when, as you yourself say, we were reliant on our wide play.

Foden has been ripping teams apart of late. Raz has done absolutely fuck all of late.

So, why did Pep chose to play Raz there?
He though he could be a match winner, so did I, it was not to be.

James had him in his pocket all night.

The problem was after 20 mins you could see it was not working, what did Pep do, nothing, not even swop wide players, nothing.

Gundo was having a nightmare, booked and struggling , Pep just let him carry on, some Refs would have red carded Gundo last night.

Even if you don't think the formation had an effect on the way we played (which I totally disagree with) there is still a massive question over why Raheem was included in the starting line up when, as you yourself say, we were reliant on our wide play.

Foden has been ripping teams apart of late. Raz has done absolutely fuck all of late.

So, why did Pep chose to play Raz there?
Pep explained it himself pre-match. His rationale is Chelsea play with a back-5 and you need runners in from behind, and he decided Raz was the best choice at that.

Tbf, the plan did work, but these moments were too far and few between.

Yes, but how much more did we create with one on the pitch in the 2nd half? Nothing. How many chances did we create in the FA Cup semi playing with 2 of them? Fact is that Chelsea set up to nullify our pattern of play in both games, DM or not.

I don't we had an alternative last night. Chelsea gave us nothing except half chances. One shot on target all night? Is a DM really changing that?

Playing a DM actually makes us a more attacking team.

It frees up the likes of KDB, Bernie & Phil to be that much more creative knowing that they have effective cover behind them

So if I’ve got this right, throughout the CL campaign, we never conceded more than one goal, in fact we had a terrific defensive record all the way through. In addition we only failed to score in the 0-0 group game and last night and the thing they both had in common was starting without either Ferna or Rodri?
So last nights selection has to be one of the worst decisions of his time with us.

After last night's game, I think we need to 100% purchase a mobile DM and a striker.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Sterling or Mahrez being sold for Grealish either.

Lacking a mobile DM for the modern game seems criminal nowadays.
We don't lack one, we have Fern. Of course he's at the end of his career and needs replacing soon but last night, we had one. And arguably one of the very best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.