Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Sense of perspective, 1st euro final, Rags & Dippers lost their 1st one.
I don't buy into the claim that we could be years off the next one. In fact I think we will make the final again a number of times over the next few years.
Sadly we saved out worst game for the final but overall it's been a fantastic season and the players have been brilliant.
We won't win every final we play in. Next time we will win it.
Think you got that wrong rags won there first three then lost there nex two

Even if you don't think the formation had an effect on the way we played (which I totally disagree with) there is still a massive question over why Raheem was included in the starting line up when, as you yourself say, we were reliant on our wide play.

Foden has been ripping teams apart of late. Raz has done absolutely fuck all of late.

So, why did Pep chose to play Raz there?
So that if he performers like he as the last 9 months we don't have to give him a new contract

I am angry at that. Keystone cops tactics. They are a good side. Had a bad feeling all week and hate being vindicated.
Yes Chelsea are a good side, but a good side that finished 19 points behind us. Make no mistake, we've lost to an inferior side - the league table doesn't lie, but anyone can win in a one-off game. We win 23 on the bounce playing pragmatic and dogged football - a mix of ultra skill and solidity. We beat PSG by resisting everything they threw at us and then taking it up a level with precision football. I think we have to accept that although Pep is the dominant multiple trophy winning coach in world football, he is so intense that he'll always want to change things. He's never satisfied - it's in his DNA.

We played 61 games this season. Nobody on here can claim to know the fitness levels of the players. Maybe Pep's team selection was forced on him by injury. We all saw Gundogan getting a whack in training. Probably the reason Pep played him deeper. Simple fact is that we nicked an early goal last night and that team selection looks a whole lot better. We didn't, and we lost the game.

As I said above, early refereeing decisions went against us. Most of it was subtle but he was at it last night for sure. There was a clear disparity in applying the LOTG, he blocked the passing lanes, and I remember at least one clear opportunity to play on that he pulled back for a foul. This 100% effected the players.

The long season caught up with us last night.

Sorry, but I think pretty much all of that post is complete bobbins :-)

Chelsea have, I believe played 59 games in the same time period.

He though he could be a match winner, so did I, it was not to be.

James had him in his pocket all night.

The problem was after 20 mins you could see it was not working, what did Pep do, nothing, not even swop wide players, nothing.

Gundo was having a nightmare, booked and struggling , Pep just let him carry on, some Refs would have red carded Gundo last night.
Yes, as soon as he was booked he should be taken off

We played 61 games this season. Nobody on here can claim to know the fitness levels of the players. Maybe Pep's team selection was forced on him by injury. We all saw Gundogan getting a whack in training. Probably the reason Pep played him deeper. Simple fact is that we nicked an early goal last night and that team selection looks a whole lot better. We didn't, and we lost the game.

As I said above, early refereeing decisions went against us. Most of it was subtle but he was at it last night for sure. There was a clear disparity in applying the LOTG, he blocked the passing lanes, and I remember at least one clear opportunity to play on that he pulled back for a foul. This 100% effected the players.

The long season caught up with us last night.

While I find this level of deflection commendable in defence of our manager not many are going to fall for those desperate excuses mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.