Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

It's impossible to say that's why it's banded about too much. He has done well domestically in the league with the best backing staff and players. The cups he has done well but many teams unfortunately don't have them as a priority anymore.

In Europe he has been an abject failure for us.

How you rate him against others with different circumstances i do not know.i think he is a very good technical coach.

The best in the world? a genius?

Erm...

To be fair,i don't think Peps ever claimed to be either a genius or the best in the world.

He's got a preferred way of playing,that's entertaining and very successful and pretty much sticks to it.
We're short of a Leo Messi type player,who mostly turned up on the big occasion.
Last night,tactics aside,all our attacking stars pretty much ducked out.

Very few goal attempts.

who has said Pep out?

don't put words into people's mouths.

Pep fucked up, big time, his post match interview was embarrassing.

I hope this week Khaldoon, Tixiki are having a serious talk about what happened, in my humble, it's required.
I don’t want pep out but I know we will never win the champions league with him in charge to which I’d rather win the league but I’m not the owners and they will be fuming today .

He though he could be a match winner, so did I, it was not to be.

James had him in his pocket all night.

The problem was after 20 mins you could see it was not working, what did Pep do, nothing, not even swop wide players, nothing.

Gundo was having a nightmare, booked and struggling , Pep just let him carry on, some Refs would have red carded Gundo last night.
WBA's right back has him in his pocket

I don’t want pep out but I know we will never win the champions league with him in charge to which I’d rather win the league but I’m not the owners and they will be fuming today .
Nah apparently they’re not arsed about it either

On the contrary, you are totally entitled to your opinion and I respect that you are entitled to it. But if my opinion is that it's garbage, that's my opinion and I'm equally entitled to it.

If you thought Chelsea could have "easily scored six" I must have missed something. Stopping them scoring wouldn't have made any difference unless we'd scored one ourselves. The outcome would have been penalties, not our strong point of late.
Garbage

I’ve always been positive as I’m sure you’ll admit, sometimes some of you haven’t liked me for it I’m sure :-) but this morning I’m beginning to feel the loss! As I always say, the lads don’t go onto the football pitch to play badly, everyone has bad days at work. Yesterday, much as it pains me to criticise Pep, I’m not sure he gave them the right vibes. He is so desperate to do well for us all that, as many have said, he overthought it.
I’m feeling worse now than I did at the end of the game last night! Then all I could see was Aguero’s tears, Baby Kev’s tears, the despair/disappointment on the faces of John Boy, KDB et al and I felt for them. Today I’m the one who needs cheering up!
I keep saying to myself, there’s always next year, but it’s not helping!

I guess preparing to renew my season card will ease the pain a little but even that’s a concern. Will I be allowed to stay in my seat or will social distancing put the kybosh on it. Ah well worse things happen at sea as my old Dad used to say!
Sorry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.