Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Think you got that wrong rags won there first three then lost there nex two
And a few of our players are 30 or over and in 12 months won't be better players than they are now, so I don't buy into this 'the team rolls back into the final next year' stuff. We need a world class left back and a world class striker. We should have two Champions Leagues in our trophy room - maybe three with VAR and last night, but we have zilch.

I don't we had an alternative last night. Chelsea gave us nothing except half chances. One shot on target all night? Is a DM really changing that?
Yes because by having a Dm on would have allowed our top scorer to player further up the field and do what he does which is score goals . Also it would have stopped Kante running and tearing though our midfield at will putting pressure on our defence which he did all night . Also it would have put foden back on that wing were he has been most effective in this run . That one decision has had massive ramifications on the squad and how they thought they were going to line up .

Last edited:
It is exactly why we must strengthen again this summer.

The club needs a big boost very quickly and don't want this defeat hanging over us all summer like Lyon.

Momentum. Chelsea have it right now, but let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.
Come on though surely there’s a point where it’s beyond transfers? We pay the highest fees and the highest wages, we’re not exactly an unlucky decent side

We had a defensive midfielder in the cup semi and we still struggled to create chances. We just have to accept that Chelsea are a very good team under Tuchel. Chelsea knew they had to defend well but like last time they would get a few chances and they took 1 of them. We never looked like scoring, in the first half we got battered whereas we dominated the second half but had less shots... Chelsea controlled the game perfectly.

I think we lacked a striker but a striker with presence to allow our midfield to drop deeper away from Kante and their wall of defenders. Instead they had a field day, they could mark the space around Phil and Kev, Bernardo had a poor game and didn't really get anywhere.

After that we are reliant on our wide play but Sterling didn't get a sniff past James and Mahrez was the same. Jesus started to have an effect later on but that's after Chelsea changed things to block it up. Our best player for me was Walker, he was our main attack really!
Agree with all of that. I picked Walker for our MOTM as well and I am not his biggest fan usually.

Someone on here - sorry forget who - said we'll never have a better chance to win it. Of course that's not true and I am sure we will win it one day.

But when Chelsea went through to the final I thought that was not great for us. We'd have had more chance with another team that doesn't know us so well.

Yes because by having a Dm on would have allowed our top scorer to player further up the field and do what he does which is score goals . Also it would have stopped Kante running and tearing though our midfield at will putting pressure on our defence which he did all night . Also it would have put foden back on that wing were he has been most effective in this run . That one decision has had mob adduce ramifications on the squad and how they thought they were going to line up .

Get with the program fella just say in Pep we trust and mention any random lower tier club we played when we were shit, then move on:-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.