Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

I think he was concerned about Reece James after the last game and wanted strength and pace to counter that, hence Raheem.

Then he wanted maximum focus on possession play, which is why he went with Gundo.

Personally before the game I called Sterling and Fernandinho, with Bernardo dropping out. Pep telegraphed what he was thinking by playing Raheem so much recently.
If playing with Fern or Rodri got us this far against all oncomers, why remove the defensive protection offered by those two?

Foden is dynamic. Not only could he have handled James defensively, on current form he'd have given him more to think about offensively too. At a stroke Pep fucked it all up.

Slept on it, still pissed off, still gutted. Chelsea much the better side and at least some of that was self inflicted.

There'll be more champions league finals, and we'll win some.

It wasn't meant to be.
Not if we play like that again. There is no evidence to suggest we’ll be in another btw just arrogance

Bullied from the first minute. Chelsea wanted it more, and we ran out of ideas, ending the game with long throw-ins and long punts upfield.
We had a stalwart on the bench in Fernandinho, who takes no prisoners.
The team needed some focus in mf, it was too lightweight imo.

Quote' When De Bruyne goes off, you look to Bernardo to take responsibility, but instead he takes him off.'

Don't think that Bernardo can do that centre mid/together with responsibility job, certainly not on his own. He was one of the players that didn't show up last night. All in all, the die was cast when the team selection came out. I don't think Toucan tried to second guess us as he played more or less his normal team. We appeared to try to out-tactic him by playing a team that hasn't played last night's Pep selection and resulting tactics all season.

We move on, next year should be interesting as EVERY top team will strengthen.

For me pep took the easy option he said in his interview he was dreading telling the players they are not playing
Whether sterling has been showing some sort of form in training who knows. Now if this is the case why not drop Phil or mahrez ?
He can't because they have been our best players
Maybe drop gundo? No as above
So with rodri not being in the best form and fern not playing regularly that was his way of keeping players happy
Well if that was his rationale. He needs to consider his position.
He let the players,club and most unforgivable of all the fans down last night with one of the most astonishingly bad managerial performances ever.

Hardly had any sleep, still really,really, angry with Pep.

Biggest night in our footballing history,for the Club,and travelling fans.

And he overshadows it, by making the night all about him and his inexplicable system

And what is sad,i think he such a fucking nacisst he will be enjoying all the attention,Narcissts will take it either way,feeds their ego.

He fucked us over,and he knows it.

Set us up to be defeated. supported by the fact did fuck all to change the obvious mistake either.A forced substitution to KDB,was the only reason he prematurely had to act.

Now he gets to tell us for another Season what a small Club with no history we are every Derby.

Was that the problem last night us becoming of age, a really big Club,European Champions would meant we had arrived at the big time.And we would have been worthy of his ego.In fact we would have become one of the biggest Clubs on Earth over night.

He was not having that.Wanted us to remain little City,forever kissing his arse for beeig lucky enough to have him manage us.

Sorry if it upsets Blues but this is how i feel right now.

A good job the League Title is in the Bag,because last night was unforgivable,it was that bad.

He has always had this in his Locker,Bayern Munich know all to well.

Why he does it in really big games only he knows.

All the way up to this game he was saying that he was going to be cold,some players would have heartbrake.And he starts the most out of form player in the Premier League.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.