Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Spot on - the only choices were Cancelo or Zinchenko at left back , Rodri or Fernandinho as holding mid.

Sterling on current form wasn’t up for consideration and whilst he wasn’t the worst, I always felt that James had his number.

I don’t know why Pep feels the need to overthink, be clever or different - just play our best team and structure.

Talking to Chelsea fans on the walk to the ground they were expecting a comfortable City win - based on our tried and trusted structure, players and form ( when we play our best 11).

Heard somewhere that only once this season we haven’t played Rodri or Fernandinho - Cheltenham

if that’s accuratex why pick our biggest game of the season to try and be clever/different.
Thought Sterling did ok - no worse than the others - and doesn’t deserve the flak. He didn’t choose to play that set up, think he was also on to limit James forward runs. It’s why the match became more long ball. No problem that Pep tried a way to get the first goal with that line up, I’m just confused why he didn’t change back at half time.

No - they did fear us, but rather than shrinking they stuck to their game plan and knew they had to play out of their skins defensively. They brought on Kovacic with15 mins to play. You don’t do that if you’re not fearful/aware of the opposition. I just thought the last 20 wasn’t City, long balls and throws. Occasion got to us.
They did not play out of their skins anywhere, they had a game plan and were solid and confident, they did not have to play above themselves.

Thought Sterling did ok - no worse than the others - and doesn’t deserve the flak. He didn’t choose to play that set up, think he was also on to limit James forward runs. It’s why the match became more long ball. No problem that Pep tried a way to get the first goal with that line up, I’m just confused why he didn’t change back at half time.
Its the fact that a proper DM was sacrificed to play Sterling that is really sticks in the craw.

How to sum him up in one sentence

he’s finished.. get rid whilst we can get decent money for him
Match threads are hilarious.

Sterling fan boys litrally celebrate him just making a succesful pass these days like a fucking panenka

All i see is a player that resembles a Toddler runnig around with a Nappy full of shit,falling over,fucking literally everything up.

Praying that one of his Ball give aways dont result in aquick counter goal.

Going forward we need:
One of the best strikers in the world to replace Aguero. Someone who can actually head the ball.
A top quality left back.
A replacement for Fern who can be a DM or a box to box player.
Greedy and maybe reactive but we need a very pacey winger for me.

We do lack some pace up top, Sterling apart.

Going forward we need:
One of the best strikers in the world to replace Aguero. Someone who can actually head the ball.
A top quality left back.
A replacement for Fern who can be a DM or a box to box player.
Nah just need a settled side the players we've got are good enough to win any competition...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.