Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

It gets worse the more I think about it and the more I read posts on here.

I love Pep through and through but I just can't get my head around that BS last night.We actually gave Chelsea a huge advantage and made it easy for them.

I've supported Raz since day 1 and so wanted him to have the game of his life. Yes Reece had him in his back pocket but if you're world class then you have to find a way to beat your man. Neymar would have skinned him; hell, I reckon Foden would have got the better of him.

Put it this way, if we were looking for a striker and Raz was at another club would any of us seriously want him?

Gutted about what happened to KdB.
Reece James is a top class player, but why did Pep not change things?

Go and put Foden or Mahrez against him, Raheem down the middle, just shake things up and give it a go.

Going forward we need:
One of the best strikers in the world to replace Aguero. Someone who can actually head the ball.
A top quality left back.
A replacement for Fern who can be a DM or a box to box player.

Can we buy Kante please

I think the absence of Ferna was noticeable in so many ways.

Apart from his mastership of the dark arts, our back 4 had become accustomed in the last few games to him being available when we were playing out under pressure from the back. Unfortunately, Gundo was cast in that role and he simply wasn’t properly prepared for the enormity of that task.

But I think his absence was most keenly felt in his leadership on the pitch. This season Ferna bloomed into a magnificent leader of men, both on and off the pitch. He adapted to the role of captain with aplomb.

In my opinion, Ferna had earned the right to lead our team onto the field last night. To see our captain, our most senior player, not have that rare opportunity was very disappointing.
Yet Sterling had the captains armband when Kev went off until Dinho came on, albeit for a short time but wtf

Thought I'd feel better a good night's kip (which I didn't get). I don't, I feel worse,much worse. In the aftermath of the game last night, I just felt numb. But right now, I'm devastated, and angry. And in a rotten mood. I wouldn't be nice to be around today. We threw it away. We're a better team than Chelsea; the league table doesn't lie. But they totally owned us last night. Why, Pep? Why did you do it? As the old saying goes; if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Barring the odd hiccup (with mainly weakened teams), we flew through the last 60% of the season. And he goes and changes it for the biggest game of the season. I love the guy, he's the best manager in the world, and we're blessed to have him. But nonsense like last night doesn't half grate on me. And where he got the "we were brilliant in the second half" from escapes me. We huffed and puffed, without ever looking like we were going to score. Chelsea could (should?) have won by 3 or 4, if we're being honest.

Hey there guys, I haven't checked in on you in a long while - maybe because this season has been quite bleak for us.

First of all congrats on your PL title, it all builds to the glory of the club and it's not something that can ever get erased by any following defeat.
And then, welcome to the familiar (for me) pain of losing a CL final lol. In the last decade us Juve fans almost became sick of it and of the final itself, but I think the latest few miserable stints reminded us how valuable it actually is to show that you're of 1 of the 2 strongest clubs in Europe.

I remember all the jeers we always got from other Serie A clubs after yet another final lost; I remember how we always tried to make them see that if we had lost a final it was just because, unlike them, we had reached it.

Does it hurt? Yes, it does. Have you got the CL winner's trophy? No, you haven't. But you have something, even if most people can't and won't see it: you can get angry for having fought and lost the highest-level battle in the footballing world.

I won't go into the details of the game because in the end yes it's usually the team that plays better that wins the final, but on the other hand there's also a lot of chance involved. Just wanted to cheer you up a bit for having reached the rooftop of Europe.

I remembered talking to a Bayern fan when he left their Club to join ours.

Honestly literally everything he said to me, has been mirrored almost indenticaly with us.

Bayern dominated domesticaly.

In Europe they fell short in all the big games when it really mattered.There were also some crazy team selection against Spanish heavy wieghts in Europe.I think it was Madrid put 5 past them

The feeling in the end, was they were not going to win the Champions League with him as manager.Domestic success was not enough.

When Pep joined us the first stage of our evoloution was not a problem,we wanted to become domestic heavywieghts.Learnning to walk before we can run.We have dominated domesticaly for a good part of the last decade.

Many fans would be happy with that alone every season.

We are now at the point Bayern Munich arrived at.Domestic heavywiegts wanting to become European heavy wieghts.

And the fact is all his short comings in Europe with Bayern Munich have been replicated with us almost identicaly.

It is a wierd stuation where a good Title winning domestic manager,becomes the Club achilese heel in Europe.

One of the crticisems at Bayern is Pep liked to surround himself with Yes men.That for me is where he is going wrong.
Every fucking page , jog on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.