Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

We got dinked by a team just about getting in the top 4 and beaten by Leicester, not only that but they more or less played the same tactics for the 3 games when they beat us. The game was there for the taking, easy team choice ffs the one that beat PSG.

We didnt get our most dangerous players involved in the game anywhere near enough, cant give any player above a 7 out of 10. So why did we underperform ? Was it nerves as well as tactics and team choice.

Not playing fernandinho, has to be the biggest question, Next to that why does a poor form player like sterling start.

We went on a 20 plus run to dominate the league with a great set up we hadnt seen before, we hardly leaked a goal. Then on the big night played a line up i cant remember seeing.

We play some of the best football in the world, we are fkn fantastic and ever since pep came to city it has been a privilege to watch our football, all the trophies speak for themselves. Next season we will see more silverware and i would put money on another CL final.

But this season we have not raised our level at the big games, while the teams we are playing step up a gear against us.

Not sounding bitter but are chelsea the best team in Europe because they won the chumps league ? No, if ever the chumps league shows its value lastnight was a prime example

Seems like a bit of a sweeping generalisation?

There are plenty of blues in their teens and 20s who are City fans because of family / local ties, and would be irrespective of our success.
So are your comments on older people, the same people who went to every away 15 years ago when there were 1000s of empty seats in the away end at places like Everton.

It wen down to 12.5k points yesterday so didn't preclude younger fans from attending. Older fans with be end up dying and attend less aways as time goes on, it doesn't need a euthanasia policy, but higher allocations to supporters based on points which have been eroded away since the takeover in 2007.

That’s fair enough mate. But I’m only saying what I heard last night and what my mate said last night. Looks like a few on here are saying it was a bit of weird atmosphere. But it’s understandable because of the performance.

there seems to be a lot of posts about the singing, those fans there lastnight know more about it than fans like myself who watched on a screen.

I can only go off what i experience at Wembley, we have the whole end so you would think it would sound fantastic. But it ends up a let down, we have pockets of 5 or 6 songs going at the same time. Lots of stop start singing out of sync. A lot of drunken fans belting different songs out. I would say Rags in the semi final was the best ive heard us at Wembley.

Cant have been easy last might with fans spread out all over distancing. Our fan base seems to sing better when facing each other and grouped up. Hence the concourse gets going better than the terraces at lots of games.

It was the pressing more than the fact we didn’t play a dm that was the biggest issue without the ball. We left Chilwell in particular free numerous times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.