Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

nobody expects to win every trophy but at least give is your best shot . Pep doesn't .
If you take that to it’s logical conclusion you are saying that he either doesn’t want to win or he is making it harder to do so. That just can’t be the case. We have won almost everything we can and, I think, we will work this one out. I actually think there a lot of people on this forum who do expect to win every game and every trophy and they distort the balance of debate (I most definitely do not include you in that cohort)

Turned off the match at full time and have ignored every media or analysis of the game until now, really feel for the players but I do think this will spur them on to even greater things next season. As regards the match I can still not understand how Pep picked Sterling and I am sure that's where we lost the game, he does try but offers absolutely nothing. Stick a Jack Grealish there and City win that game, let's be truthful here City lost that game cause of poor selection and tactics as a team like Chelsea should not be anywhere near winning a Champions League. Pep is a genius but his flaw is that sometimes he cannot see the bloody obvious and that has cost City again. So maybe the fault is within the backroom staff as someone there must see what they rest of us do.

CL is a tactical and psychological test tho and we failing in both. Pep does not have trust in the team to do the job hence the tinkering, and surprise surprise players look scared, second best to lesser teams at the big stage.

Exactly it was a miraculous season because Pep conceived a winning formula which was based on a system and individuals taking on specific roles eg gundogan further forward with either Fernandinho or Rodri behind.

But after 60 games of playing either Rodri or Fernandinho he ripped that winning formula up because he was scared of Chelsea. I love Pep but don’t underestimate just how colossal a fuck up he made last night.

Would Pep have dropped busquets for the champions league final and moved iniesta into holding midfield because he was scared of Carrick? I think we all know the answer to that.
you may as well have said would he have moved Messi into holding midfield, as Gundy is our team leader in goals against PL competition and one off CL scoring leader this year.

If you take that to it’s logical conclusion you are saying that he either doesn’t want to win or he is making it harder to do so. That just can’t be the case. We have won almost everything we can and, I think, we will work this one out. I actually think there a lot of people on this forum who do expect to win every game and every trophy and they distort the balance of debate (I most definitely do not include you in that cohort)

WTF? 90% of us we're amazed at starting line up and had our concerns brought into being. It was a very good opportunity to win the treble and Pep screwed it up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.