Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

There you go again billy bigs balls. 2 minutes on here etc etc. Blah blah blah

so you’re a Fanboi of the mega post fraternity?

I couldn’t give 2 fucks how many posts someone has on here if they raise a valid point.

you come across as Kevin the teenager, which is what you probably are (in your head at least).
Let's get back to discussing. I totally agree of the Bollocks on how many posts and when you joined etc. It means "jack shit". I joined in 2015 and have followed our beloved club since the mid 70's. Everyone is entitled to join whenever suits and have an opinion.

Last edited:
We should have had Sterling and Mahrez pressing James and Chilwell and left their CBs to it. I get why Pep tried it, it just didn’t come off and had a lot of knock on consequences that weren’t worth it.
I said this after the first game!

The key to Chelsea’s game is OVERLOAD!

At the back, when defending, they collapse into a a 5-4-1, with the FBs dropping back into their FB position and their two AMs dropping in alongside Kante & Jorginho/Kovacic, leaving Werner upfront as the outlet on the angle (ie running towards the corner flags where the space is, as opposed to always over the top).

Then, once they regain the ball, they revert to a 5-2-2-1, but from the 5, the two FBs play all the way along the line.

So, as the ball moves forward, the formation becomes 3-4-2-1, then 3-2-4-1, then 3-1-1-5, as either Kante or J/K get to marshall the area in front of their back 3 while the other shuttles the ball left and right. This creates the same shuffle in the opposition back 4, but now they’re overloaded such that the back post FB is always free…UNLESS THE OPPOSITION WINGERS ARE DEFENDING AGAINST THEM, which they not only hate, but are shit at! It’s why a player like Harrison at Leeds has been considered revelatory! BIELSA DEMANDS YOU MARK YOUR MAN!!

Anyway, with nearly all back 4s these days playing within the width of the box, if the wingers don’t track the runner, the FB has to come out and defend against the opposition attacking FB, which leaves you a man down!

We were playing high stakes man to man at the back, and Zinchenko tried to a) play Havertz offside, or b) didn’t have the wheels to keep up with him, or c) simply didn’t recognize the danger that he was one on one with the last man who had just had a channel created for him by Werner’s inside out run. Either way, he fucked himself with all 3!!!

Just got back from porto now,and just readin thru,im devestated about that yesterday,best few days ever,superb turn out from the blues,great trip,but my heart sunk yesterday as seen team news on phone as got to stadium ,and everyone was just confused by his selection,was just no need for it,in my eyes he dropped a right clanger,and did not react too it either,cant actually get me head around it,think it was shockin game management,and we thru away a huge opportunity too win the european cup,and these just dont come along that often,even if your a great side,devestated!!!!!

I said this after the first game!

The key to Chelsea’s game is OVERLOAD!

At the back, when defending, they collapse into a a 5-4-1, with the FBs dropping back into their FB position and their two AMs dropping in alongside Kante & Jorginho/Kovacic, leaving Werner upfront as the outlet on the angle (ie running towards the corner flags where the space is, as opposed to always over the top).

Then, once they regain the ball, they revert to a 5-2-2-1, but from the 5, the two FBs play all the way along the line.

So, as the ball moves forward, the formation becomes 3-4-2-1, then 3-2-4-1, then 3-1-1-5, as either Kante or J/K get to marshall the area in front of their back 3 while the other shuttles the ball left and right. This creates the same shuffle in the opposition back 4, but now they’re overloaded such that the back post FB is always free…UNLESS THE OPPOSITION WINGERS ARE DEFENDING AGAINST THEM, which they not only hate, but are shit at! It’s why a player like Harrison at Leeds has been considered revelatory! BIELSA DEMANDS YOU MARK YOUR MAN!!

Anyway, with nearly all back 4s these days playing within the width of the box, if the wingers don’t track the runner, the FB has to come out and defend against the opposition attacking FB, which leaves you a man down!

We were playing high stakes man to man at the back, and Zinchenko tried to a) play Havertz offside, or b) didn’t have the wheels to keep up with him, or c) simply didn’t recognize the danger that he was one on one with the last man who had just had a channel created for him by Werner’s inside out run. Either way, he fucked himself with all 3!!!

Yep, pretty much that! I get why we did it but we put the pressure on the wrong parts, we should have nullified the outball wide and forced them through the middle.

The whether we should have played a dm or not isn’t the main thing.

Sterling didn’t have a bad game though we should have started with a striker.

how many balls in the box and no one was there.

What's really great is we have a lifetime to win this competition. It will come.

Stay happy, premiership champions 2021.

Jeez, we've done really well. How many teams won 2 trophies this year.

Appreciate a decent response it was interesting that the Chelsea forums I didn’t see any of the 4-0 up in 30 minutes shit.
If you have a proper look on here there will be very few of those responses from fans that know the game.

I said earlier a final is FINAL, and there is only ever one winner and it's usually the better team, and it was.

I didn't think the ball ran well for us for much of the game, and that is sometimes how football works, and it's fine margins, but that is often down to how you play.

We started the game like a frightened rabbit, it gave you the momentum, and it was only a surprise that you took so long to take the lead, though we did have chances too, but losing a goal close to half time was a problem for us.

Sterling didn’t have a bad game though we should have started with a striker.

how many balls in the box and no one was there.
Didn't have a bad game???
Tell me the last time this over payed "star" took a city game by the scruff of the neck and said "this ones for me,i'll show everyone how good i am"?
Bollocks he was awful YET AGAIN

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.