Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Tinkering is not what he is doing. That implies he is seeing what might happen if he makes certain changes. Do you think he wanted to win the game? If the answer to that is yes then you have to believe that whatever decision he made on selection was with victory in mind. That is why we have been so successful, not because he tinkered.
I can't speak for @argyle but imo he was thinking along these lines.
tinker - "attempt to repair or improve something in a casual or desultory way, often to no useful effect."
What football tactic book says put your leading scorer defensive mid so that when he isn't doing the job he's not really capable of, and rarely if ever has played there, wants to join the attack he has to do more running than anyone else on the pitch to do that, expending energy he really should be conserving to do the job our DM was not really capable of and was 30 yards behind the play when they scored?
or did he make that up?
regardless of everything else, that looks tinkery to me.

Like many on here, Pep is either obsessed with Sterling or has no choice in playing him due to contracts and the obscene amount of money he is taking out of the club every week. The sooner we off load him and then reinvest in a proven striker the better. Either way the CL Final was lost the minute Sterling was included, not just because of his selection but the impact elsewhere I.e. no Midfield Fern “sacrificed” which in itself is unforgivable, and our ace card having to accommodate sterling, I.e. Phil being told to adapt to a non effective role………
Completely agree.
How many of our hearts sunk when we saw the line up.
Why, why, why times one thousand.

Fern on, a forward line of Foden Aguero Mahrez. I reckon we'd have scored goals.

It wasn’t the Fernandinho sized hole that was the main issue, it was the free ball to Chilwell. They’d done it three times already before the goal came. We should have had Sterling and Mahrez pressing James and Chilwell and left their CBs to it. I get why Pep tried it, it just didn’t come off and had a lot of knock on consequences that weren’t worth it.

Agree on the pressing, I thought Sterling did well in the first half helping out and thought there was a noticeable shift in focus of their attack coming down their left as Mahrez was the weak link in our pressing game.

A missing DM may not have been the only contributing factor, and granted this is just hypothesising, but I believe with Fern or Rodri on the park they don't score that goal.

Completely agree.
How many of our hearts sunk when we saw the line up.
Why, why, why times one thousand.

Fern on, a forward line of Foden Aguero Mahrez. I reckon we'd have scored goals.
Exactly my thoughts.. to be be more precise why why why one thousand pounds in my case, if I’d suspected sterling was going to play I would have sold my ticket and stayed in the fan zone with my mates, got too pissed and forgot about the team announcement until I got in the ground and saw his face come up on the screens
The collective groans when this happened and the exasperated gasps when the idiot got the captains armband summed the whole evening up.

You can't have "heard it all", you've only been here for 2 fucking minutes. And here you are giving it "I'm a top blue" bollocks? What a useful username you have. Jogon indeed.
There you go again billy bigs balls. 2 minutes on here etc etc. Blah blah blah

so you’re a Fanboi of the mega post fraternity?

I couldn’t give 2 fucks how many posts someone has on here if they raise a valid point.

you come across as Kevin the teenager, which is what you probably are (in your head at least).

To many city players and fans thought it was going to be a walk in the park. Three up after 15 mins !!!! Read the pre match thread. Chelsea played as a team and kept to the script. City were 11 individuals and only read the back of the book ! Karma
I assume from your username you are chelsea ?

I thought you were by far the better "team", I don't think we played as individuals, but we just couldn't get into our game first half, you scored (after a heap of shit defending on our part) at a very opportune time almost on half time.

We played far better second half and with a bit of luck we might have equalised, had we I suspect we'd have clicked and won, but we made our changes too slowly for me.

Well done, you deserved to win.

Agree on the pressing, I thought Sterling did well in the first half helping out and thought there was a noticeable shift in focus of their attack coming down their left as Mahrez was the weak link in our pressing game.

A missing DM may not have been the only contributing factor, and granted this is just hypothesising, but I believe with Fern or Rodri on the park they don't score that goal.

Yeah I think you’re right, think Pep was going for winning the ball higher up though but it was a trade off that didn’t come off.

I assume from your username you are chelsea ?

I thought you were by far the better "team", I don't think we played as individuals, but we just couldn't get into our game first half, you scored (after a heap of shit defending on our part) at a very opportune time almost on half time.

We played far better second half and with a bit of luck we might have equalised, had we I suspect we'd have clicked and won, but we made our changes too slowly for me.

Well done, you deserved to win.
Appreciate a decent response it was interesting that the Chelsea forums I didn’t see any of the 4-0 up in 30 minutes shit. Chelsea fans were actually more frightened of playing city then Real Madrid. For people to mouth off is ridiculous and shows they have no footballing brain and now Chelsea fans can take the piss because those comments have come back to haunt those city fans . It was a one off game and anything can happen. You will get your time just not when you play Chelsea again (joke).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.