Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

This business about having been there before makes sense. I mean Wigan won at Wembley so many times before beating us in 2013.
OK it was the rugby team but they'd still won at Wembley. And having beaten us they've been back and won it again, haven't they?

What a pleasant individual.
It's called club mentality, and the Celtic comparison is folly. In this era of clubs being taken over and having huge funds spent to propel them to titles, Chelsea have been to 3 finals, successful in 2 of them. Prior to their third they had experienced what we have just experienced, and then won it. That's far more experience, as a CLUB, than what we had as we entered the final. So yes, they as a club know what is needed, and I would hazard a guess Tuchel commented on such in the dressing room.
congratulations . i have never seen so much shit posted by a single poster until you popped up in this thread .

i just hope we don't draw Forest, they would murder us.

congratulations . i have never seen so much shit posted by a single poster until you popped up in this thread .

i just hope we don't draw Forest, they would murder us.
Thank you. When I start slagging Pep off, i'll reach your level of shit posts.

is that Pep the "genius" who single handledy threw away an entire CL campaign?
No, it's Pep who knows more about the game, how to operate within it and how to win trophies better than you or I could ever hope to do.

Maybe point some fingers at the players, some of whom decided not to show up on the night. Nerves? Occasion got the better of them? Maybe.

We got there. Next time we will get there and bring the thing home. I'll look forward to your comments on the manager at that point.

No, it's Pep who knows more about the game, how to operate within it and how to win trophies better than you or I could ever hope to do.

Maybe point some fingers at the players, some of whom decided not to show up on the night. Nerves? Occasion got the better of them? Maybe.

We got there. Next time we will get there and bring the thing home. I'll look forward to your comments on the manager at that point.
he won't be here .

No criticism of Pep at all? You were happy with his starting line up and in game management?

What a pleasant individual.
It's called club mentality, and the Celtic comparison is folly. In this era of clubs being taken over and having huge funds spent to propel them to titles, Chelsea have been to 3 finals, successful in 2 of them. Prior to their third they had experienced what we have just experienced, and then won it. That's far more experience, as a CLUB, than what we had as we entered the final. So yes, they as a club know what is needed, and I would hazard a guess Tuchel commented on such in the dressing room.
As a club? Utter utter nonsense. In a final it’s the manager and players that win you a final. Abramovic didn’t leg it on and nod in the winner did he. As a club united knew how to win the league, we didn’t yet with 6 games to go 8 points behind we won it. As a club we knew nothing. Don’t hide behind excuses as to why we lost, selection was wrong and we underperformed. You are allowed to criticise us, not come up with utter guff. It’s disappointing but that’s why, again not because they won it nearly ten years ago.

I agree. The - we would have won with Fernandinho narrative is getting a bit old.

Chelsea are a decent team. The bookies had us favourites but the expected win percentage was something like City win 2 out of 3 games played. I thought Chelsea were underpriced at that level. I had it more about more 55%-60% to city. This wasn't one of the Wigan shocks. Two good team in a one off game. Anything can happen.

I also think we've all gone a bit soft and entitled and we've got used to winning. We've won 8 finals and 3 close title races but you can win them all. The players and Pep gave it their all. That's all you can ask.
This about people going soft and being entitled really is starting to take the piss a bit now.
You name one person before kick off that wasn't surprised? pissed off maybe? angry? annoyed? was questioning the team, stropped drinking their beer? The moment that team sheet got announced and saw certain players starting and certain players on the bench with that line up.
I said during the build up to people I was with, if we play the way with play with the team we have played with all season, then I would be quietly confident about the match. But, if Pep tinkered with the team, then that confidence would drop to making Chelsea slight slight favourites. Only given our recent history with them and our history in this tournament because you just don't know do you. Then low and behold the team sheet came out and it wasn't just me, but the mood around everyone and I mean everyone I was with dropped.
So if that makes me soft and entitled then my god.
Can you hand on heart say the same when you were sat there when the team sheet was announced? "Yeah happy with that back four, wouldn't change that midfield, happy with that attack"
That doesn't make fans entitled. We wanted to see Pep play our strongest 11 (which we hadn't done that season against Chelsea) in the biggest game of our history.
There's a reason this thread is still going so long after the final. It took me a probably a week or two to get over it fully because I was that annoyed about the line-up.

No criticism of Pep at all? You were happy with his starting line up and in game management?
Nobody is above criticism. I said on the night I was deflated when the lineup came up, but to sarcastically refer to him as 'genius' given what else he has done for us, bit poor from Bill. The players had a lot to answer for, too. Past-tense purposely used.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.