Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Nothing that’s ever been said by the owners indicates that the put the CL on such a pedestal that they would be willing to sack Pep due to a failure to win it.
Pep doesn’t have form for walking away from a job before his contract ends either.
This thread continues to exist just to give a handful of posters who have failed to get over the disappointment of losing a football game somewhere to vent as most rational people have moved on.
This thread still exists because many are still well pissed off that Guardiola fucked up snd lost us thd cup. And the ones who spent a lot of time effort and money to travel out there have every right to still be pissed off. Pep was extremely arrogant in what he did by selecting the team and he is wholly responsible for us getting beat IMO.

Pep is definitely not beyond getting sacked, especially having previously fucked up against Lyon Monaco and now Chelsea. Any more CL fuck ups I think he'll get sacked.

This thread still exists because many are still well pissed off that Guardiola fucked up snd lost us thd cup. And the ones who spent a lot of time effort and money to travel out there have every right to still be pissed off. Pep was extremely arrogant in what he did by selecting the team and he is wholly responsible for us getting beat IMO.

Pep is definitely not beyond getting sacked, especially having previously fucked up against Lyon Monaco and now Chelsea. Any more CL fuck ups I think he'll get sacked.
Yeah, he won’t be getting sacked.

Wholly responsible. No, he wasn't, in the same way he isn't wholly responsible for the countless trophies he's brought us so far, not mention the football we watch. The players. They are responsible too.

Its a cup competition and you need a bit of luck to win them.I think we will not win it under Pep great manager that he is.Every year he comes up with a plan to win the league and cups.However when he tinkers we usually come unstuck.This is on top of the we have no history in the big games that he constantly spouts before we come up against the big boys which i find annoying as we do.We should let the opposistion worry about City we are the best team.Maybe we need a more pragmatic approach.

Its a cup competition and you need a bit of luck to win them.I think we will not win it under Pep great manager that he is.Every year he comes up with a plan to win the league and cups.However when he tinkers we usually come unstuck.This is on top of the we have no history in the big games that he constantly spouts before we come up against the big boys which i find annoying as we do.We should let the opposistion worry about City we are the best team.Maybe we need a more pragmatic approach.
You are correct about luck. Having got over it pretty quickly I turned to looking at the chances we had. The camera angle for the Foden shot shows that had it not been for Rudiger pulling off some kind of super-human block, the ball was aiming for the bottom corner. Mahrez's last minute dipper had the 'keeper rooted to the spot. Another game those chances go in. Think Sterling had a chance as well if I remember right. They took their chance, we didn't.

Wholly responsible. No, he wasn't, in the same way he isn't wholly responsible for the countless trophies he's brought us so far, not mention the football we watch. The players. They are responsible too.
The buck stops at him. He chose the team and formation. Only he knows why he was arrogant enough to change around a team that easily dealt with PSG both legs. The players were left almost as confused as us fans in what he was trying to achieve.

You are correct about luck. Having got over it pretty quickly I turned to looking at the chances we had. The camera angle for the Foden shot shows that had it not been for Rudiger pulling off some kind of super-human block, the ball was aiming for the bottom corner. Mahrez's last minute dipper had the 'keeper rooted to the spot. Another game those chances go in. Think Sterling had a chance as well if I remember right. They took their chance, we didn't.
"Pep was signed to win the CL." A lie that has been doing the rounds in the anti-city media since the day he signed. Hold a gun to Pep's head and he would be gone in a flash imo. Claiming to know what the Sheik's intention was is pitiful, apart from turning CFG into world-class outfit to rival everyone, which is on record. Haters are not constrained by logic, have no qualms about lying, being caught lying, as long as the agenda is followed. Sports-washing, dark-arts, bent accounting, emptihad, etc. etc. Well fuck'em....

That is quite a statement Bill, who do you think would be better than Pep. Oh by the way he messed up with the team selection for the final, I agree, but there is no way I would be getting rid of him.
i would . i don't think there is anyone better which makes his fuck ups harder to understand . the CL final was not an isolated case . i'd take a manager without an ego over Pep every time.

i would . i don't think there is anyone better which makes his fuck ups harder to understand . the CL final was not an isolated case . i'd take a manager without an ego over Pep every time.

or even a poster of similar ilk ?

I think the problem with that Bill is all the most successful managers have an ego. It's part of their make up and it's down to the supporter as an individual if they are happy with the trade off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.