Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

How can anyone still be moaning about this still we were in league 1 22 years ago and now look at us
We've played 90 games in the Champions League and 46 games (49 if you include the play-offs) in the third tier. That single season is an outlier in our history, it is not a standard we have regularly dropped to.

It will expire naturally in due course for some the grieving process can be long and complicated. It will of course morph into other threads in the future regarding Pep's now constant propensity to make bizarre decisions on big European nights which seem to have disastrous consequences. So any "moving on" is unlikely to be a complete separation from that nightmare evening in Porto.
I'm sure we're all still realing but forgetting helps with the healing!
Had a great time in Portugal, the match being the lowlight!
But to move forward we have to let go!
We're Premier league champions again and hopefully next time we will go one better in Europe.
Personally sick of seeing the thread title constantly on the front page of new posts and the same points discussed, I'm sure we all know the team selection was an error as we lost but if Sterling scored from the long pass from Ederson and we won one nil it would have been genius mastermind.

Fine margins at this level!

Personally perhaps bizarrely the Wigan Final hurt much much more!

I’m still struggling to get this game out of my system more than any I’ve witnessed in the past 50 years. You are only as good as your last game, so my thought is that we need to get to another game and that will be when we move on. It was similar with that defeat at Old Trafford just before lockdown. I know the team played many games afterwards, but watching us win the League Cup was the point when it was exorcised from my mind. Roll on the new season and let’s go again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.