Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Wish folk would stop making out that Tuchel is some kind of messiah had Pep not played into his hands 3 times then nobody would be going on about him .......... Leicester sussed him out ...... a bang average Arsenal and Villa team did the same .......... he’s had a free ride this season with no pressure on him at all ......... I mean you couldn’t have handed him a better semi final line up than a declining Madrid side ........... put it this way 2 seasons down the line he will be at pastures new ......... it’s all well and good this defensive football when it’s working but like Mourinho once it stops then your on very much borrowed time

i ventured over the BBC site to see how it was spinning, wall to wall blanket stuff, “Tuchel Masterclass” funny everyone hated Chelsea before we came along now they are front and centre, they stopped City, that’s all that matters.

Blame pep for playing him pam
I think it was more out of loyalty than anything else. Sterling has been a huge part of our recent success.

Anyway, I’m over it now. The club is fighting hard to be the best. We fell at the final hurdle but will come again...city are inevitable.

Well done to Pep and the players for another successful season. League dominated again so as much as I am sad I am also happy if that makes any sense. The stars did not line up for us but as oasis would say”stop crying your heart out, we will see big ears one day”.

Up the blues:)

He made a mistake but he's still the best coach. Look back at City over the past few seasons. It's been magnificent. Pep is Pep. Genius but flawed. I'll keep him without a moments hesitation.
He made a mistake and lost the trophy,he is a very good, maybe great coach but not the best (I doubt if someone of all is the best one).... and you re right,Pep is Pep with all his wins and mistakes.... last night wounded his ego and all of us, time will tell what's coming next.... Bad headache after last night's bottle of bourbon.

He made a mistake but he's still the best coach. Look back at City over the past few seasons. It's been magnificent. Pep is Pep. Genius but flawed. I'll keep him without a moments hesitation.
Absolutely. Pep is a genius and it's hardly a damning criticism to say that he MAY make mistakes. The history of the last 5 years is clear: if you're going to trust anyone's judgement - it's Pep's.

The reality is Pep WILL do this again in big games...I remember reading Bayern fans said the same thing....

No rhyme or reason to it..........VERY CONCERNING......
I remembered talking to a Bayern fan when he left their Club to join ours.

Honestly literally everything he said to me, has been mirrored almost indenticaly with us.

Bayern dominated domesticaly.

In Europe they fell short in all the big games when it really mattered.There were also some crazy team selection against Spanish heavy wieghts in Europe.I think it was Madrid put 5 past them

The feeling in the end, was they were not going to win the Champions League with him as manager.Domestic success was not enough.

When Pep joined us the first stage of our evoloution was not a problem,we wanted to become domestic heavywieghts.Learnning to walk before we can run.We have dominated domesticaly for a good part of the last decade.

Many fans would be happy with that alone every season.

We are now at the point Bayern Munich arrived at.Domestic heavywiegts wanting to become European heavy wieghts.

And the fact is all his short comings in Europe with Bayern Munich have been replicated with us almost identicaly.

It is a wierd stuation where a good Title winning domestic manager,becomes the Club achilese heel in Europe.

One of the crticisems at Bayern is Pep liked to surround himself with Yes men.That for me is where he is going wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.