Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Im in my 40s, I'm not particularly vocal, but that doesn't mean I'm an less passionate about city or that it means less to me than it did years ago. I felt the crowd was pretty flat last night, you get that sometimes as the favourites and expecting something to happen. The etihad is hardly a cauldron of noise.

I'd gree last there were a hell of a lot of senior fans last night. And I thought that was brilliant. It may have been their only chance to see us attempt to win the Champions League. I saw one guy in a wheelchair and oxygen with helper at the airport in City colours, must have been late 70s and it choked me up to be honest.

I'm actually firmly in the dog house today after biting to the welcome home message at 6am after crawling into bed of "well that was a waste of time wasn't it, all that way to lose".

She has absolutely no interest in football whatsoever. Doesn't understand. I explained in the easiest way that I could that City was basically another family I had, that no matter what, will always be there.

I enjoy the fact we all come from different walks of life, some rich some poor who would have sold have their granny to be there yesterday. But to a man we would help each other out if we can purely because you are a blue. Had some great conversations with total strangers yesterday, Chelsea fans included. It goes far wider than 22 guys kicking a ball around a pitch.

Sometimes the football gets in the way of a great trip. Yesterday was one of those days. Disappointing, but we are still the best team in this country, by a distance.

Roll on August. Let's give it another go.
Great Post mate.

I was there and I’d say that the streets, bars and hotels were packed with city fans and was a great atmosphere pre-match

However the atmosphere in the stadium did feel very strange. Definitely a nervousness from our fans. From where I was sat, about half way line lower tier (but much closer to city’s end) could hear Chelsea much louder throughout the night and a range of their cult songs. When we did sing, it sounded a bit muted and nervous and was the usual “come on city” etc that you get when we’re down

Our supporters in Porto were absolutely brilliant for most of the day though, and definitely not their fault. Utter dejection and confusion when the lineup was announced, despair when Chelsea scored, twitchiness by pep’s lack of changing things
We always spend too much time singing in the street and then pissed and worn out by kick off. Been a repetitive theme.

Those people that you are wanting to get rid off have done the hard miles! They’ve been there when City were down the divisions, when City were playing rubbish. They were there through all the rough times. They deserved to be there last night and deserve to go to all the away matches they want/ are entitled to!
I would have been there last night if my doctor had allowed it. I’ve had messages from people who were there saying others whom I’ve met over the years were asking where I was. So please don’t be writing us oldies off. I’ve been at away matches where a lot of the youngsters were so out of it that they didn’t do any singing or shouting just flopping about. But I’ve never said they don’t deserve to be there. So just live and let live. Some older folk don’t make a noise, some younger folk don’t make a noise. Swings and roundabouts mate, swings and roundabouts. Don’t write us all off please. We’ll be gone soon enough!
Personally I’m louder now than I was in my 20s because I’m not as self conscious and have more confidence! Just an observation.
I’ve done the hard yards myself, went to the vast majority of aways in the 2nd and 3rd tier.

Before they started charging extra for “loyalty” with the “Platinum” seasoncard, we qualified right at the top for away tickets.

I’m not saying you don’t deserve to go, or writing you off. I’m not writing myself off.

I’m saying it’s not fair that at the moment, a whole generation of younger fans are being written off, and it’s not right.

You or I don’t need to go to every.single.game because we’ve “put in the hard yards” and the younger fans don’t need to be excluded from every away game because they were unfortunate enough to be born in the wrong year.

There’s surely a balance to be struck.

I’ve put in plenty of hard yards but don’t expect to be rewarded for it in perpetuity.

Come on, last night should have been the easiest team selection in history. Play the same team as the one who beat PSG.

The best, in-form players, in their best position in our best formation.

Don't fucking tinker with it with and experiment in a Champions League Final.
It's as simple as this! We truly fucked it up last night. That's why it hurts so much 24 hours later.

I've read the first 10 pages on the forum, but I can't agree with many people - except those who accept that Chelsea were the better team. I don't even think Peps selection was too bad BUT where was the bottle from City and who can tell me if they've ever seen a worse from KDB? We were outplayed in the head

Simply not true mate, the atmosphere in and around Porto and all along the river front was dominated by Blues singing and chanting, with the atmosphere of Wembley 2011 against the rags, every bar restaurant and corner was full of Blues with a handful of Chelsea, on the bus from the fanzone Blues without tickets lined the streets, clapping and cheering each bus ttgat went past.
Outside the stadium we only saw one Chelsea fan, that commented that he felt outnumbered 10 to 1.
Inside the stadium, Sat near the half way line we could only hear City, Chelsea didn’t make a peep until they scored.
Great atmosphere and great day, spoilt by 90 mins of football where we were simply outplayed and outthought.

From what I heard the atmosphere Friday/Saturday was brilliant. But like my mate said, it just felt a bit weird in the stadium with Chelsea having the upper hand and that’s how it came across on tv.

Anyway, hopefully we get to St Petersburg next May without any restrictions, must of us who want to go can go.

Yesterday City fans outnumbered Chelsea 3 to 2 inside the stadium, and it was only when they scored did they get more vocal, City Fans yesterday were exceptional, how the TV made it sound I dont know as I was in the ground, but I had no complaints, and would like to congratulate each and everyone who went, I enjoyed everyones company and made new freinds, I was lucky to be there and feel for everyone who wanted to go but couldnt, next time when we have no restrictions I hope everyone can go who wants to go.

I was there and I’d say that the streets, bars and hotels were packed with city fans and was a great atmosphere pre-match

However the atmosphere in the stadium did feel very strange. Definitely a nervousness from our fans. From where I was sat, about half way line lower tier (but much closer to city’s end) could hear Chelsea much louder throughout the night and a range of their cult songs. When we did sing, it sounded a bit muted and nervous and was the usual “come on city” etc that you get when we’re down

Our supporters in Porto were absolutely brilliant for most of the day though, and definitely not their fault. Utter dejection and confusion when the lineup was announced, despair when Chelsea scored, twitchiness by pep’s lack of changing things
This is what I’m getting at. The lineup must have had an impact on everyone, the players and the fans as Chelsea definitely seemed more up for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.