Champions League Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuchel saying it's precautionary. 'Felt something in his hamstrings' so took him off to prevent injury, reckons he'll be fit for their game on Sunday.
Bit of smoke & mirrors from TT there, you don’t take your best player off in a massive game like that after half an hour & he plays 4 1/2 days later, he’s injured & TT is deflecting, not saying he won’t play in the final but it’s about how effective can he really be at 80-90%, injuries starting to stack up for them and another big game Sunday

Bit of smoke & mirrors from TT there, you don’t take your best player off in a massive game like that after half an hour & he plays 4 1/2 days later, he’s injured & TT is deflecting, not saying he won’t play in the final but it’s about how effective can he really be at 80-90%, injuries starting to stack up for them and another big game Sunday
It's probably somewhere between a tweak and an injury. Like you say, 80 - 90%, but I'd be surprised if he plays Sunday. A tweak that means you come off 30 minutes into a game cos you're worried it might do more damage probably needs a week off.

Edit: having said that, they're probably saying the same about Kev who is likely in a similar boat. I suspect they'll both start the final, but it'll be interesting to see who is closer to 90%. The problem is Kante at 80% is a lot less scary where as Kev can still hurt you.

yep, 0-0 when he went off. No way on earth he comes off unless it’s a problem. A problem with his hamstring won’t be fixed by next Saturday night.. He either misses next Saturday or he tries to play a CL final with a hamstring issue.. either is not ideal.

From experience it’s like the worst hinderance. You can play.. but the whole time you’re on edge and your movement is limited and if it goes.. well you’re fucked.

Even if Kante does play the final, I can see his hamstring going again

I think that’ll be better for us ... in that scenario they’d prepare the game with him at the heart of it and then if they have to change it half way through, it could be tricky for players on-field to manage that change in-game ... vs if he was out all together and they just planned without him ... so a half crooked Kante starting is better than no Kante in some weird twisted logic that only us football fans can think of :)

Even if Kante does play the final, I can see his hamstring going again

swear he missed the last game with Achilles issues.. once I hit 35.. I used to have 6 month periods where I would literally alternate between Achilles and hamstring problems.. basically one injury bounces off the other due to compensation with the way you move. You realise you’re playing for the sake of it.. and really you shouldn’t be playing at all.

I think that’ll be better for us ... in that scenario they’d prepare the game with him at the heart of it and then if they have to change it half way through, it could be tricky for players on-field to manage that change in-game ... vs if he was out all together and they just planned without him ... so a half crooked Kante starting is better than no Kante in some weird twisted logic that only us football fans can think of :)
Yeah didn’t think of it like that, good shout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.