Champions League Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A CITY city break - South Stand Porto Blues

Sun, shorts and CITY.

We`ve got the home end. The stadium is under 3 miles walk from the city centre. The metro stops outside our end.

The skies are Blue

C`mon you Beautiful CITY.

Quite possibly the worst/most boring champions league final ever played.
Possibly. Although if we're talking just in terms of the final of Europe's premier club competition, then the Red Star Belgrade vs Marseille shitshow stands unchallenged imo.

Anyone heard anything about this 'fan park'? I presume ale will be on sale and all contactless payment. Not seen any details anywhere.

In the CL era, the only performance by a British team that was any decent over a full match was Liverpool when they beat Tottenham. Got an early goal, and then soaked up the pressure for 90 minutes.

That was an awful game. I don't think Liverpool were decent. Spurs were abysmal.

Chelsea and United both played well in 2008. Chelsea picked them off at will in the second half but just couldn't find the goal. Evenly matched teams and I think they both played pretty well.

But United were outclassed by Bayern in 99 and somehow turned it around. Barca were a different league in both of the other finals. Similarly, Liverpool weren't a patch on the Milan team that they faced in Istanbul and won, but then lost to a couple of years later. And they just fell apart when Salah went off against Real. And Chelsea v Bayern... well I'm still not sure how they won that game!

It's a major final and so nerves play a huge part. In general I can't think of many teams that have played well in it. Bayern weren't great last season.

Real v Juve was a great performance. Barca's CL final wins were all impressive. Particularly the two under Pep (positively). And Porto were class in the final against Monaco. That was a dominant performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.