Champions League Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop shitting yourselves. Chelsea have far more to worry about than we do.

There's no nerves for me, we're the better side and if we play well I think we win.

If the nightmare scenario came true and we lost, we've got 2 titles in the bag, during what would be described as a transition period for any other side with the players we have lost over the last 2/3 seasons. pep is as happy as he's ever been, the squads young and constantly improving and we will add to it. we've been there now and win or lose we will be back soon.
Quite..

May I wish every fellow Blue an enjoyable day tomorrow, as we take on the most momentous challenge so far in our long history. We've all dreamed of getting to where we are right now, so let's enjoy it fully whatever the result, however the game goes at any given moment.

We should also be grateful for the amazing achievements and beautiful football Pep and his squad have given us these past few years. Stay right behind the the team tomorrow (especially on the 'Matchday Forum'!!). We play to the end and we never give in. And if it isn't good enough tomorrow night, there's a new season beginning in August..

If I may also place a couple of my old posts here, from times in the past couple of years when folks were getting a little tetchy regarding Pep and the squad. I hope these comments won't be misunderstood; and I did grow up with The Old Man regularly pointing out to me 'Self-praise is no recommendation' (!!). Anyway, here goes:

1 From the 'Were we 8pts behind United with 5 games to go?' thread (Jan 19)

"Yes, 'Mr Bluemoon' - you sum up the season so far and also point the way ahead, especially not giving up on the title, ever.

Taking out the odd international commitments the squad has, as far as the Premiership is concerned we are now in a 14 game season. I know we're 5 points adrift but that equates to a 2-game shift for us to take over Liverpool. If Pep, his team and the squad get their individual and collective acts together (please! no more 'Newcastles', lads!), anything can happen, especially if The Anfield Road Formation Brick Throwing Society continues to run into pesky, insurmountable obstacles such as long grass, snow on the pitch, goalkeepers who refuse to throw the ball into their own nets and so on..

As for the domestic cup competitions, well, we have a one-off final due and potentially 4 FA cup ties to win that trophy. That would be 19 games between now and 18 May, 15 weeks from now. Just over 1 game per week on average. Add in the Champions League, a run of 7 games to the final on 1 June would change that to 26 games in 19 weeks, or 1.5 games per week on average. Keep the players fit, get them ticking over like last season and up to December this and, as I said above, anything can happen. It will be tough and demanding on the squad but anything can happen.

But most of all, we never should never give up on the title until it's all over! "

2 From the 'United post-match (away)' thread (Dec 20)

"Bang on the money, 'Beanhead'..

The team and management need to
- Win our game in hand and we’re 4th
- Keep accumulating the points until the end of January
- Progress in the cups

Us as supporters need to
- Stay calm
- Above all else, get behind Pep and the squad

I know people get frustrated if we don’t win. It’s natural to have a pop at City when things don’t go our way. But yesterday we controlled a difficult away game at one of the teams that will be there or thereabouts for a Top Four spot at the end of the season, a team under pressure after a horrendous week facing (guess what?) a chance to redeem that week at home to their fiercest local rivals.

And now today we see Spurs and The Formation Brick Throwers drop points against teams that they (most likely) should beat nine times out of ten.

Said it elsewhere on here previously.. get everyone back fully fit and match fit and scoring goals to add to the defensive solidity we’re developing, then watch this squad fly in the New Year. "

Once again, enjoy tomorrow night everyone, let's hope Pep and the squad do themselves and us all proud.. 'Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy ride!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.