Champions League Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and on a separate point I think Rodri has today played himself out of that CL Final. That second leg performance by Fernandinho had already in my view cemented his place as a starter in the Final but today’s performance hasn’t helped Rodri ... especially when he was at fault in the build up to their first goal ... but to be completely fair to him, he was a one man midfield today and that certainly didn’t help him either.

Oh and on a separate point I think Rodri has today played himself out of that CL Final. That second leg performance by Fernandinho had already in my view cemented his place as a starter in the Final but today’s performance hasn’t helped Rodri ... especially when he was at fault in the build up to their first goal ... but to be completely fair to him, he was a one man midfield today and that certainly didn’t help him either.

I think Rodri will play.. i also think he’ll boss it.

What people need to realise is Pep needs this so called 'B Team' to show fight. He wants them to find form, and give him something to think about. But none of them are making a case. So it's easier for him to know what his best XI is. It could become an issue for selection in the final,, I only say that because, both of our strikers are out of form. And to play a low block deep as Chelsea's, it could well be that Pep is hoping for one of Jesus or Aguero to find form so he can maybe think of starting either.

Our false 9 system works great, and we don't need to tweak it too much. But also, it varies opposition to opposition. All our opponents in knockouts so far haven't really parked the bus. Except for PSG for a bit, but even they were dominant and aggressive for 45 mins.

Lots of time still before the final, but you can't blame him for these lineups and changes. And he is not naive, neither is Tuchel. Both know how tough a battle it will be in the final.

That was a couple of players short of Chelsea's best whilst Pep picked everybody who needed a game and came up with something to make it work. They should really have battered us yet it took a last minute goal. hey were on top second half but wasn't exactly banging the door in.

He's used today to see how easy it is to get in behind them, I believe that's why we didn't look to pass pass pass and even when he made the subs, it was still Foden running in behind and gundogan making his trademark second man run rather than any of them dropping into midfield to get a foot on it and control the tempo. To me it was clear Pep wanted to see how easy it was to get behind them and I think he will be surprised by how easy that was. I believe Peps going to be looking at that game very confident our psg starting 11 will put them to the sword.
Pep will have learned more than Tuchel is what you seem to be saying and I agree with that

Still three more games before the final...

Our fringe did ok yesterday first half,they gave me hope Chelsea are looking better than they actually are.The RM game was no barometer to judge either as they were shocking in both legs.
So,all in all,when we put out a completely different,and superior,team in 3 weeks time,i expect us to play the better football and win this game well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.