Champions League Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn’t entirely true though is it? Mount who has been their best player will start he was brilliant against us in fa cup semi, Thiago silva will come in alongside rudiger and azpi (fuck knows how you spell that name). Rudiger has started literally every game so I’d argue he is their most important defender Not christensen who has only recently started games (he didn’t start against us in the semi)

They will probably line up like

mendy

azpi thiago rudiger

james Kante Jorginh/kovacic chilwell

Ziyech Mount

Werner

so that is 4 changes I expect tuchel to make from the game on the weekend,
Yes, agree Mount likely to start. Agree Rudiger is also the ever present, along with their captain Azpilicueta. Point I was trying to make is that they didn’t make anything other than their usual changes on Saturday and with the same formation which Tuchel uses to boost the defence & is based on personnel. Seems to use the same 14 or 15 players so there was much more familiarity for them in that system on sat. Which makes me feel more positive about the final if we play to our strengths as well.

I reckon their line up will be:

Mendy
Christensen if fit if not Azpi Silva Rudiger
Kante Jorginho
Azpili or James Chilwell
Mount. Pulisic
Werner

I think we'll have the edge purely because we know how they'll play against us, they've done it twice. We've tried different systems against them and whilst they can prepare for our best and typical 11 from previous video footage of games, they haven't faced it and it will be a challenge.

It was never going to be an easy game. I wouldn't have been more confident if we'd won on Saturday and I'm not less confident because we loss. I don't think the City players will feel like Chelsea have our number either, because we are yet to play them with our strongest 11.
Please don’t play some new creative formation that we’ve never used before Pep!
Against PSG this season, we sat deeper, stopped playing a high-pressing, high-defensive-line, because that’s what the situation needed, just as it did against Lyon last year, Spurs the year before and Liverpool the year before that.

We just need to have a balance of picking the moments when they’re most vulnerable at the back, to press and put them under pressure and then sitting back and not allowing them constant space behind our defensive line to attack and end up 1v1.

But my money is on Pep playing with 1 at the back, 2 in midfield, 2 right wingers and 5 CAMs.

Do any of the city fans have conflicted feelings about winning this prize/cup ?
We have all hated UEFA for years and booed The anthem as they constantly tried to screw us over.
Are we now being hypocritical wanting to win this cup so badly ?

I guess I'm asking are there City fans out there who simply don't care about winning this still.

We have all hated UEFA for years and booed The anthem as they constantly tried to screw us over.

I guess I'm asking are there City fans out there who simply don't care about winning this still.

Speaking for myself, I still hate UEFA because it became a tool of the cartel as illustrated by their "orchestrated campaign" against us and the constant tweaks to format to ensure the cash keeps rolling in for those clubs. Whether that may be about to change after the ESL fiasco remains to be seen.

However, my over-riding concern is that City win any game we are involved in be that a friendly or a CL final. That's a constant and, therefore, not hypocritical.

Reactions: mac

I'm not a fan of the competition or the bent cunts that run it,but unfortunately it remains the ultimate prize and until we win it we will always have that monkey on our back.

Yes me. I want to win the match as a matter of pride, but no more or less than if it were a pre-season friendly in the far East. I just won't succumb to this media propagated shite that whoever wins this tournament is the greatest team ever, and that no other tournament come close. Of course if you win, you then have the lunacy of being entered into a World Club Championship against teams who would struggle in League 1, not to mention then having to play a failed team who won the lesser Europa League to be crowned UEFA Super Cup Champions. Of course, as well as the complete fuck about with travel and additional pointless games for the following season you have the scenario where the World Club Champions and UEFA Super Cup Champions are not even the Champions of their own land and could in fact currently be in their own country's 2nd tier (being relegated in the last season) by the time these pointless money grabbing spin offs are played.

For me it's all about the English Premier League, and how we measure against our city/national rivals, and that only.

Yes me. I want to win the match as a matter of pride, but no more or less than if it were a pre-season friendly in the far East. I just won't succumb to this media propagated shite that whoever wins this tournament is the greatest team ever, and that no other tournament come close. Of course if you win, you then have the lunacy of being entered into a World Club Championship against teams who would struggle in League 1, not to mention then having to play a failed team who won the lesser Europa League to be crowned UEFA Super Cup Champions. Of course, as well as the complete fuck about with travel and additional pointless games for the following season you have the scenario where the World Club Champions and UEFA Super Cup Champions are not even the Champions of their own land and could in fact currently be in their own country's 2nd tier (being relegated in the last season) by the time these pointless money grabbing spin offs are played.

For me it's all about the English Premier League, and how we measure against our city/national rivals, and that only.

Two legacy fans right there ... :-p

20 odd of us go to the game and always all of us have wanted to win it, don’t tar us all with your brush pal.

I'm absolutely convinced Mahrez is banging in a hat trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.