Champions League Final | Screening at Academy Stadium

We had no summer last year, construction work has been heavily disrupted to various lockdowns we have been in and out of, and I imagine this sort of stuff takes lots of planning and needs doing early in order for the turf to bed in in time for the new season. I think sometimes you've just got to say the club either know what they're doing or this was the only option and the academy stadium is a decent second option!
I'm sure one more week wouldn't have made a difference.

Managed to get tickets to this - was a toss-up between this or trying to get a table in the Friendship in Fallowfield. Felt like a no-brainer in the end. In terms of the no alcohol thing, going to enjoy a few afternoon ales then get resourceful with what can be brought in to the ground. Hip flasks, etc? Last Sunday there were all sorts of rules [need ID, need track and trace app, all bobbins] and there were no searches, presumably because of covid - just a quick bag check then in. Chance to watch with 4,000 other blues is cracking - absolutely can't wait/bricking it!

Last edited:
Managed to get tickets to this - was a toss-up between this or trying to get a table in the Friendship in Fallowfield. Felt like a no-brainer in the end. In terms of the no alcohol thing, going to enjoy a few afternoon ales then get resourceful with what can be brought in to the ground. Hip flasks, etc? Last Sunday there were all sorts of rules [need ID, need track and trace app, all bobbins] and there were no searches, presumably becuase of covid - just a quick bag check the in. Chance to watch with 4,000 other blues is cracking - absolutely can't wait/bricking it!
I'm hoping to get in a pub near the ground for a couple of hours but hearing its tickets only for Mary D's.

In which case I'll take a load of cans for pre-match and try and chance a hip flask to take in and pour in the provided soft drink...

Managed to get tickets to this - was a toss-up between this or trying to get a table in the Friendship in Fallowfield. Felt like a no-brainer in the end. In terms of the no alcohol thing, going to enjoy a few afternoon ales then get resourceful with what can be brought in to the ground. Hip flasks, etc? Last Sunday there were all sorts of rules [need ID, need track and trace app, all bobbins] and there were no searches, presumably because of covid - just a quick bag check then in. Chance to watch with 4,000 other blues is cracking - absolutely can't wait/bricking it!

Hand sanitizer bottles filled with vodka seems the be what the kids are doing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.