Champions League Final Thread

so many double standards get given to barca , every-time they go down its a foul every time juve do the ref is not interested. cannot stand this flagrant playacting.

I can fully understand that argument, I really can. And if there is a rule in place that says that a goal cannot be allowed if it goes in via a hand/arm (intentional or not), so be it. I've always been led to believe that, for a handball to be given, there has to be an element of intent. Maybe goals are different to general play; I'm not aware of such a rule. If there is, I apologise for my misinterpretation.

Don't think it matters where and the consequences I don't think there is any mention of a "natural" position of the hand/arm but what I think the rule says is it has to be deliberate.

So regardless of where the "offence" occurs and the consequences it has to be understood by the official that the player has deliberately felt the ball has not come off his forehead as he would have wanted and has moved his arm to deliberately direct the ball into the goal.

I wouldn't say that was beyond a player to be honest though its a brave official that would make that decision like tonight and it also makes a mockery of a lot of penalties given when a player has the ball smashed into his hand/arm from about 3 feet / 0.00003 of a second away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.