Champions League Final | Ticket Criteria | SOLD OUT

Bit pedantic, but the venue is in mainland Europe, by about 15 miles

I don’t have a problem with Istanbul, it’s one of the major air hubs, with regular flights absolutely everywhere. There’s two major airports there, with budget and flag carriers flying to both.

If it were in Barcelona we’d all be looking at flying to anywhere vaguely close or going via Tenerife or wherever. There’s no real difference here and flights would be a fortune (and much pricier when you get there) pretty much everywhere. UEFA aren’t going to hold a final based on where Ryanair fly to from the north west of England
Hotels are numerous and not expensive - we’ve booked and are paying £78 each for 2 nights

It sounds like a similar concept they have in place for the european championships which I have been to the last few. You have to enter passport details on uefa site but it’s not strictly enforced at the ground. With that amount of fans I highly doubt there would be a stringent check on names and details.

I think it said you can choose your section but not your exact seat (or something like that).
Yeah that just means you’ll get allocated a random one, unlike wembley for the cup final where you could pick your own.

Nothing to do with unreserved seating as that would be a free for all.

Where does it mention unreserved seating? Think I missed that part
It doesn’t look like is is unreserved seating though? The uefa website says you will be allocated seats

and it looks like there is then an option to try and get sat with your mates IF they are on the same category ticket

I don’t know any who have. I’ve seen a few on here but not many. The direct Manchester flights have been on sale for weeks, they hold 250 and they aren’t even sold out yet. Bluemoon gives you a distorted picture sometimes. The vast vast majority of blues were/are waiting for a nice organised package, official or not, which includes everything.
I know loads who have. Everyone I drank with in Madrid has either already booked flights to Istanbul, arranged a Turkish holiday or is travelling via train from Bulgaria. it is undoubtedly expensive to do the short trip and personal circumstances impact everyone’s choices.
But those with flexibility have been booking since the beginning of this week. You can see that by how the flight prices were moving in the run up to the second leg.

Bit pedantic, but the venue is in mainland Europe, by about 15 miles

I don’t have a problem with Istanbul, it’s one of the major air hubs, with regular flights absolutely everywhere. There’s two major airports there, with budget and flag carriers flying to both.

If it were in Barcelona we’d all be looking at flying to anywhere vaguely close or going via Tenerife or wherever. There’s no real difference here and flights would be a fortune (and much pricier when you get there) pretty much everywhere. UEFA aren’t going to hold a final based on where Ryanair fly to from the north west of England
I think you're right. The issue isn't distance, it's accessibility. Istanbul is very easy to access from most big European cities. Large Turkish communities around Europe and the fact it is a transcontinental city makes it an attractive hub.

If Istanbul is a problem, then you have to balance that with the fact that next year it's at Wembley, and the year after it's in Munich.

Everyone has known for two years that it will be in Istanbul. Whilst I think that the prices of the top two ticket categories are extortionate, I sometimes think that people think that it should be at Villa Park every year with tickets costing a maximum of £20. Even then they'd complain.

every tickets should go down the correct channels for this game, there should be no supporter club allocations, the criteria is unique, City are not controlling sales, no way should anyone from a supporters club with low points, no seasoncard or membership have access to tickets before anyone, not when they cost up to 600 quid

I think you're right. The issue isn't distance, it's accessibility. Istanbul is very easy to access from most big European cities. Large Turkish communities around Europe and the fact it is a transcontinental city makes it an attractive hub.

If Istanbul is a problem, then you have to balance that with the fact that next year it's at Wembley, and the year after it's in Munich.

Everyone has known for two years that it will be in Istanbul. Whilst I think that the prices of the top two ticket categories are extortionate, I sometimes think that people think that it should be at Villa Park every year with tickets costing a maximum of £20. Even then they'd complain.
£20 is a bit steep mate.

Anyone know if the official return flight trip, the £995 option includes transfer to the stadium to & from airport?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.