Champions League Final | Ticket Criteria | SOLD OUT

I would have thought that most established OSCs have a pecking order which means the longer serving members are prioritised for tickets. Also most OSCs will contain many members who already hold season tickets, have plenty of points and are on the cup schemes. So I think to say any Tom, Dick or Harry as you put it can get tickets is a bit of an exaggeration.

Yes there will be a small group of fans able to get tickets that maybe would have stood no chance through the standard ticketing criteria, but is that how we want it to be as a fanbase? That we lock out new/younger supporters just because 'I was here first'? That would be counterproductive for the club as a whole.

20,000 allocation for the game. I suspect the main thing that will prevent supporters going to this game will be the expense of the trip rather than a few OSC members getting a ticket.
I I think you’re right about the expense putting people off. I saw a post on here a few days ago about the Club offering a “subsidised” flight for £995, in and out on the same day. Match tickets start around £65 but realistically I suspect we are looking at around £150. Add to that incidental travel (to and from airports etc) and food and beverage and you are looking at somewhere in the region of £1200 for a day out. That may be just a bit too much for a lot of people.

Local Supporter Club Branch.

As has been said they’ve been able to input Supporter Number and Name etc towards a ticket but haven’t actually been allocated yet apparently
The OSC's should have not even been considered. The are not running coaches, they are not chattering planes, just why this was not 100% obvious to the club even before tha Madrid game. These needless and pointless delays pandering to the OSC's for absolutely no reason, has cost every other blue potentially hundreds of pounds in increased travel costs!

Frankly, lessons should be learnt from this debacle, and perhaps it's time to go to the fairest system for ABSOLUTELY EVERY ticket sale going forward, and that one in which UK Supporters make their own individual applications based on Shemes and Loyalty points, with a very small % held back for auction to overseas supporters.

That’s exactly my experience when I contacted my local OSC, as soon as I mentioned having a season ticket it was just pressure to let others use it (home and away) and a minor strop when I didn’t want to go along with it. I kept well away after that.
Spot on. When I asked to join I was asked if I had a season ticket or equivalent (hospitality season ticket) and if so did I use it for away tickets already? I said I go to every game home and away already so don't need a ticket off OSC. They then rejected me for no other reason that they couldn't use my ST. There is no excuse for people who simply attend a monthly meeting at a pub and have a few drinks but rarely go to the games to get priority over people that pay significant sums to watch the team every other week at home and as often as they can away

This may be nothing to go on at all but went to a few of the UEFA ones in the past Euros and there were not a great amount of seating. Bars were very adequate with little queues to be fair. Again, this was a good few years back so could be totally different for this.
Spot on. When I asked to join I was asked if I had a season ticket or equivalent (hospitality season ticket) and if so did I use it for away tickets already? I said I go to every game home and away already so don't need a ticket off OSC. They then rejected me for no other reason that they couldn't use my ST. There is no excuse for people who simply attend a monthly meeting at a pub and have a few drinks but rarely go to the games to get priority over people that pay significant sums to watch the team every other week at home and as often as they can away
same happened to me with Edinburgh.

Frankly, lessons should be learnt from this debacle, and perhaps it's time to go to the fairest system for ABSOLUTELY EVERY ticket sale going forward, and that one in which UK Supporters make their own individual applications based on Shemes and Loyalty points, with a very small % held back for auction to overseas supporters.
It's not a debacle though. Inter's tickets aren't on sale yet either as far as I know.

The club has a system in place for all games and that provides a certain % of tickets for the club family, hospitality, 18-25s and SCs etc. Whether you or I agree with the system is besides the point, this game isn't being treated any differently to others.

Personally I don't like the points scheme and don't agree that it's the fairest system. It's pretty much a closed shop these days. At least under the current system a wider spectrum of Blues get a chance of tickets.

The OSC's should have not even been considered. The are not running coaches, they are not chattering planes, just why this was not 100% obvious to the club even before tha Madrid game. These needless and pointless delays pandering to the OSC's for absolutely no reason, has cost every other blue potentially hundreds of pounds in increased travel costs!

You say needless delays pandering to the supporters clubs but do you have any proof that is the reason for the hold up? Yes I know 100% the club are still negotiating with the OSC about the number of tickets they will get but it doesn't mean this is the sole reason for the hold up there are many factors here that could be at play and don't forget inter haven't released sales details yet.

I know it doesn't help some as they want to see the criteria asap to assess their chances but I think given the cock ups that have occurred recently with ticket sales and the fact this has the potential to go horribly wrong as its all a bit unknown with access codes and buying from a third party website i'd rather see City get the criteria and everything necessary right first of all rather than rush it out and it all goes tits up so if it takes a day or two extra to ensure they have everything in place to ensure it goes smoothly then so be it.

Why is everybody assuming that the tickets haven't been released because of discussions with the supporter's clubs? Because there are arguments going on on here? I think that's a false assumption and there is no "debacle" and nobody is going to miss out on a ticket.

This is a unique situation for everyone and the club simply need to get their ducks in a row to get this sale right.

I I think you’re right about the expense putting people off. I saw a post on here a few days ago about the Club offering a “subsidised” flight for £995, in and out on the same day. Match tickets start around £65 but realistically I suspect we are looking at around £150. Add to that incidental travel (to and from airports etc) and food and beverage and you are looking at somewhere in the region of £1200 for a day out. That may be just a bit too much for a lot of people.
It’s not putting people off, I live 8 miles from the Etihad, run an unofficial Supporters club from Ashton and had many requests for tickets. I’ve never known so many fans going to an overseas game, it’ll be just my 4th one abroad but as a long standing season ticket holder and on the Cup Scheme I’m well happy to be getting my ticket.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.