Champions League Final | Ticket Criteria | SOLD OUT

Im willing to do it and put it on the old plastic. Most worrying thing for me is running it past the Mrs! Not sure how to justify it with 3 kids!

Can’t justify the outlay for this unfortunately. Will be gutted to miss out on what will no doubt be an incredible trip.

Imagine paying £995 for the privilege of flying to turkey and back in the same day - and that’s before you’ve paid for a scandalously expensive ticket.

Unless I can come up with something reasonable +£1000 for everything, I could be out. I can’t justify £1500+ for a flight, 1 night stay in Istanbul and a match ticket. No guarantee of the cheapest ticket either. I could by a 65 inch LG OLED for less. :-)
Pegasus flights are about £700, but then you need the transfers and the small matter of a ticket and I'll bet there's not a lot of the £150 ones and the £60 ones are probably in the pub next door.

Hopefully they put it on at the academy stadium again and I can watch it there for a fiver

How many points (not on the cup scheme) will be needed to secure a ticket?

My guess would be 0.

Particularly if the bit about needing to enter a passport number deters people from applying with the intention of passing on.

Only way I can justify this is by booking a week in Turkey and getting an internal flight on the day as some have suggested.

This is going to rule many blues out of going, a grand per person on short notice just isn't doable for most and that's without considering people paying for more than 1 person.

It's not going to mean tickets are more widely available though. All those priced out will still buy tickets and pass them on to friends and family or they'll sell them on for profit either to fund their own trip if they have access to more than 1 ticket or to soften the blow of being priced out.

Looking at the day trip for myself and my 17-year-old daughter, over 2 grand and then the ticket price. We're on the cup scheme and really thought we were definitely going but know I really have to think about it. Really sad as real fans are just being priced out.

I know nothing about planes but I imagine an airline who own planes running a scheduled flight is a lot cheaper than hiring a charter flight with a flexible return time dependant on when a football game finishes.

There`s many things to factor in relation to the price. An airplane is the airline`s essential tool, whilst it`s in the air it`s making money. The fact that this aircraft will be sat all day at Istanbul means it`s not making money. The airline will cost this into the price of deal. I`ve seen it in the past where aircraft have flown back out of the destination to try and get another deal in before going back to collect passengers. That`s a recipe for disaster.
You`ve also got to factor in that they`ll be charging for flying the aircraft into and out of Manchester as empty positioning flights. There`s also landing fees and parking fees, and I know that Manchester`s charges are at the top of the range.
The fact that the final this year is later than usual and running into the start of the summer holiday schedule will increase the cost.
Putting this all together with the global shortage of aircraft construction, and a lack of cabin staff and flight deck means the airlines and the "Operators" will take advantage of someone looking to charter an aircraft at short notice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.