Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

Lads here saying you have to go to the fan park to show them your ticket, Covid test and ID to get a stadium pass. Not seen that on anything from City, bollocks?
We took ticket/eticket along with doctored PCR test. No ID though. That was 530ish.
We got wristband saying CHECK NEG but hadn't seen anywhere that instructed us to do this.

They still checked test cert and took temp at the ground

Did the chartered one day trip and still here in Porto. Flight 12 cancelled while boarding due to a defective plane. 3 hours later Jet2 shipped 200+ of us off to various hotels around the airport. I’m on some obscure industrial estate in the middle of nowhere. Flight rescheduled for 5.15pm. Nightmare and still gotta drive back to Seaford.

Did the chartered one day trip and still here in Porto. Flight 12 cancelled while boarding due to a defective plane. 3 hours later Jet2 shipped 200+ of us off to various hotels around the airport. I’m on some obscure industrial estate in the middle of nowhere. Flight rescheduled for 5.15pm. Nightmare and still gotta drive back to Seaford.
Recently got back from flight 9. It's a long day and further delay is the the last thing you need.

Whoever was running this shit show needs to hang their heads! from having our tickets down graded from cat 2 to 3 without explanation, to handing out some of the tickets like confetti on board the aircraft, leaving some people not knowing where their ticket was!
There was no accountability from City’s ‘official staff’
After the game fans were informed that the coaches would be waiting outside for a quick return to the airport to get everyone away as soon as possible, however, no officials or coaches were outside, leaving some of which were our infirm ‘legacy’ supporters wandering around without any direction to the coaches.
Once we figured out where they hid the coaches, they then held us back for nearly 2 hours to let the Chelsea coaches to get away first, while we stood on the side of the street, with food boxes being dished out like a food bank, as if they already knew it was as going to be a fuck up!
I am very grateful that the club made the gesture of not charging for the flights, but ‘piss up’ and ‘brewery’ spring to mind!
if there is a next time, we’ll fuck it off completely, and do our own thing, rather than being put through this marathon of a headless chicken non organisation.

Last edited:
Got back home about 6am from flight 9. Overall, I don't think the organisation was that bad.

The coaches after the game could have done with being pointed out more, it was a good 8 mins walk off the beaten path. It did tell you the location on the email info, obviously I'd not read this and was bit pissed off afte the game and just followed the masses.

The coach delay situation I don't think you could have done anything with. That was up to the authorities on how they wanted to get people out. From my point of view, surely getting the losing team fans back first, I had no intention of hanging around and just wanted my bed at that point, and in the air.

Didn't bother with the fan zone as all, so can't comment on how good or bad that was.

All in all a decent day spoiled by the result.

Congrats to Chelsea, thoroughly deserved winners on the night. We are much better than them man for man but the team selection and their desire, especially Kante, won the day. No arguments on that from me.

That’s grim.. further insult to injury

My lad is on that flight as well, having driven up from London (and now having to drive back) - thanks for the update we last spoke an hour after I got back on flight 4 - and he had no idea what time he’d be home.

just when you think it can’t get any worse ......... City find a way

I am also on same flight. Just submitted my claim for delay compensation on jet2 website whilst sat in a bar (12 week wait for a response).
Sportsworld put a whole list of caveats on ticket email where we would waive the right to EU compensation for delays however I believe you can still claim if it is a technical fault with the plane and it doesn’t matter if you didn’t pay for the flight yourself.

£350 should cover most of my expenses so not all bad but I would rather be home.

Got back home about 6am from flight 9. Overall, I don't think the organisation was that bad.

The coaches after the game could have done with being pointed out more, it was a good 8 mins walk off the beaten path. It did tell you the location on the email info, obviously I'd not read this and was bit pissed off afte the game and just followed the masses.

The coach delay situation I don't think you could have done anything with. That was up to the authorities on how they wanted to get people out. From my point of view, surely getting the losing team fans back first, I had no intention of hanging around and just wanted my bed at that point, and in the air.

Didn't bother with the fan zone as all, so can't comment on how good or bad that was.

All in all a decent day spoiled by the result.

Congrats to Chelsea, thoroughly deserved winners on the night. We are much better than them man for man but the team selection and their desire, especially Kante, won the day. No arguments on that from me.
spot on - ticket distribution was a bit chaotic other than that I thought it was ok in my experience (although my lad who’s on Flight 12 -I suspect will think differently.)

really enjoyed Porto as a location but now I realise why independent travel is the way to do it, if you can.

No complaints about the result just the selection and performance.

Only been to 3 games - but glad the seasons over

Roll on August and we go again.

Probably would of helped if the communications were better and more informed about the return arrangements on the day trip. Someone must of known the number of fans was being controlled by the coaches leaving (or not for 2 hours) the park up location, when you managed to find it.

In truth, not sure the airport had the infrastructure to deal with the volume and flow of fans even on reduced attendance.

The flight mood summed it all up how much we were looking forward to it travelling out. Seeing a sea of blue at the airport. Coming back it was silence and everyone so disappointed, tired and just wanting to get home.

Emjoyed the day, disappointed we lost and how we played but still glad I went and was part of it.

We will win it one day but yesterday just wasn’t to be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.