Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

Did the chartered one day trip and still here in Porto. Flight 12 cancelled while boarding due to a defective plane. 3 hours later Jet2 shipped 200+ of us off to various hotels around the airport. I’m on some obscure industrial estate in the middle of nowhere. Flight rescheduled for 5.15pm. Nightmare and still gotta drive back to Seaford.
I feel your pain

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210530-132149~2.png
    Screenshot_20210530-132149~2.png
    877.8 KB · Views: 88
Fan park was horrific

price and queues for beer were shocking
Went in for 10 mins about 12pm, not many people in but still took a while to get a 6 euro cup of beer (not sure they to pints there probably 500ml at best). The people on stage were briefed to provide the ultimate chav party and no one wanted to be anywhere near he stage. Toilets were sing portaloos too.

It was clearly more of a concentration camp than any type of fun zone.

Went in for 10 mins about 12pm, not many people in but still took a while to get a 6 euro cup of beer (not sure they to pints there probably 500ml at best). The people on stage were briefed to provide the ultimate chav party and no one wanted to be anywhere near he stage. Toilets were sing portaloos too.

It was clearly more of a concentration camp than any type of fun zone.
Mitigating circumstances? The locals didn't have much time to organise the facilities.

Whoever was running this shit show needs to hang their heads! from having our tickets down graded from cat 2 to 3 without explanation, to handing out some of the tickets like confetti on board the aircraft, leaving some people not knowing where their ticket was!
There was no accountability from City’s ‘official staff’
After the game fans were informed that the coaches would be waiting outside for a quick return to the airport to get everyone away as soon as possible, however, no officials or coaches were outside, leaving some of which were our infirm ‘legacy’ supporters wandering around without any direction to the coaches.
Once we figured out where they hid the coaches, they then held us back for nearly 2 hours to let the Chelsea coaches to get away first, while we stood on the side of the street, with food boxes being dished out like a food bank, as if they already knew it was as going to be a fuck up!
I am very grateful that the club made the gesture of not charging for the flights, but ‘piss up’ and ‘brewery’ spring to mind!
if there is a next time, we’ll fuck it off completely, and do our own thing, rather than being put through this marathon of a headless chicken non organisation.
We were told we had to collect our tickets from the fanzone as they couldn’t give them to us on the plane due to a delay from city. Queued for 2 hours. They couldn’t find our tickets so we Got given a pair of tickets in 2 separate parts of stadium. Told them where to stick those so were then given another random pair. No system in operation they resorted to wandering up and down the queues wafting envelopes in the air shouting out names. Utter fucking shambles and we weren’t alone in this regard. Seemed a good few on each flight had to go and collect from fanzone. Just wads of envelopes being passed around no order to the whole thing. Fucking biz.

The fanzone was gash. If the beer queues weren’t so long it might have been better. Had about three pints there then walked along the river to where all the Blues were in the bars/cafes etc. Miles better. All in all I loved the experience of being in the final but will never go on a day trip to one ever again - should we be so lucky to get to one that is. Was really impressed with the Estadio do Dragao also. Top place.
Gutted to have lost but can you imagine how good it would be to win one - in a non-COVID year with 20000 Blues there. Bring it on!

The fanzone was gash. If the beer queues weren’t so long it might have been better. Had about three pints there then walked along the river to where all the Blues were in the bars/cafes etc. Miles better. All in all I loved the experience of being in the final but will never go on a day trip to one ever again - should we be so lucky to get to one that is. Was really impressed with the Estadio do Dragao also. Top place.
Gutted to have lost but can you imagine how good it would be to win one - in a non-COVID year with 20000 Blues there. Bring it on!
Pretty much mirrors my opinion. We had 1 at the fan park and were already sick of the guy screaming on the stage. The queues and prices were a joke too. City square just isn’t for me so this type of entertainment probably isn’t aimed at me in fairness. Had a great time further down the river but the long day really took it out of me and today was a write off. Not even hungover, just drained.

Would have been much better going to a hotel, getting a proper night sleep and then coming back in the morning. I did Zagreb two years ago on Spikes plane and found it more enjoyable.

We were told we had to collect our tickets from the fanzone as they couldn’t give them to us on the plane due to a delay from city. Queued for 2 hours. They couldn’t find our tickets so we Got given a pair of tickets in 2 separate parts of stadium. Told them where to stick those so were then given another random pair. No system in operation they resorted to wandering up and down the queues wafting envelopes in the air shouting out names. Utter fucking shambles and we weren’t alone in this regard. Seemed a good few on each flight had to go and collect from fanzone. Just wads of envelopes being passed around no order to the whole thing. Fucking biz.
You had to be there to truly understand how bad this was shouting out names when the fanzine music was blasting out by the side of it.I did feel for them trying too sort it!!!!!

I asked where the coaches were to 4 different officials and was told by all 4 they hadn,t been told.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.