Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

If there’s any Blues looking to recoup a bit of expenses - if you still have your paper ticket stub there will be a decent market for them on EBay.
and the shiek mansour False 9 throat spray exclusive to Man City 99% effective but useless against the Stamford bridge variant

Attachments

• IMG_20210530_212823~2.jpg
    IMG_20210530_212823~2.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 23
Was on Flight 16, the last one to leave for Porto at 11am though it was more like 40 minutes after that before it took off. By the time we got through passport control the queue for the official coaches into Porto was a huge and disorganised mess and time was getting on so I sacked it off and got the Metro in. Clean and efficient. Swerved the fanzone altogether and cut through the tunnel/underpass to meet some mates who had travelled there independently at a nice little bar by the riverside. Only five minutes down the river and under the bridge but a different world altogether. taxi to the ground.
Coming home we were sat for two hours-plus on a stationary coach as mentioned, Porto police decided to get the Chelsea fan coaches away first. Flight home was scheduled for 3.15am but was delayed for an hour and a half, partly because the number of people on board didn’t tally with the number of tickets checked in.
Finally got in the front door at 9am.
Nothing compared to the ‘survivors/veterans’ of Flight 12 but a long and exhausting 24 hours. The free travel was a great gesture by the club but in retrospect I would make my own arrangements.

Few of us helped a guy not too steady on his legs after the game. Think he said his name was Roger Young, 67 yo with a stick. Poor lad was in a lot of pain with his knees, on coach 9 on the official package.

Spoke to the City stewards and eventually managed to sort him a direct lift to the airport as he was struggling to walk and get onto the coach. Hope someone knows him and that he got back okay.

Point taken.

I had already booked it before the sheikh’s generous offer.

Had I not booked it not sure what I’d have done. Might have booked Ryanair or EasyJet which plummeted in price after the free trips were announced.

Sport Options was £399 and I spent £79 on an Airbnb so an extra £478 spent, but could easily have been £150 flights if I’d hung on.

1000 Euros all in including ticket, Covid tests and spends is probably not far out and I realise not everyone can justify spending that much on a football trip, but for me it was well worth it.

Might try the private jet next time ;-)
To be honest, and free flights aside, I think it’s the norm for a trip to a CL final to be quite expensive. Unless you get ahead of the game and take a punt on some cheap flights, most fans will end up paying a fair bit to get there.
Like you, I did the Sport Options trip and paid the £599 for 2 nights in a hotel with single room supplement as my mates were dithering. In the end, they booked on but did the flight only option and bagged a cheap apartment so I could’ve saved a few quid there but I couldn’t afford to wait around for them.
Overall, I thought it was a great trip apart from the result. I think the damage for me was in the region of £1150 in the end. I was surprised at how little I spent over there - Porto’s quite an inexpensive city.

To be honest, and free flights aside, I think it’s the norm for a trip to a CL final to be quite expensive. Unless you get ahead of the game and take a punt on some cheap flights, most fans will end up paying a fair bit to get there.
Like you, I did the Sport Options trip and paid the £599 for 2 nights in a hotel with single room supplement as my mates were dithering. In the end, they booked on but did the flight only option and bagged a cheap apartment so I could’ve saved a few quid there but I couldn’t afford to wait around for them.
Overall, I thought it was a great trip apart from the result. I think the damage for me was in the region of £1150 in the end. I was surprised at how little I spent over there - Porto’s quite an inexpensive city.
It is going to the cheapest non-UK CL final we ever go to by a long distance, my total outlay was under £300, and half that was for tests.

Few of us helped a guy not too steady on his legs after the game. Think he said his name was Roger Young, 67 yo with a stick. Poor lad was in a lot of pain with his knees, on coach 9 on the official package.

Spoke to the City stewards and eventually managed to sort him a direct lift to the airport as he was struggling to walk and get onto the coach. Hope someone knows him and that he got back okay.

Aye if you're on here Roger, hope you got back ok

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.