Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

As if they would have put a huge part of the uk tourist industry at risk for the sake of a football match
The impact on the UK tourist industry with this decision is minuscule. Apart from Portugal (still closed to us), Gibraltar and the Falklands they’ve yet to open up anywhere really. Putting Turkey red rather than amber for a few weeks changes nothing for tourism but gives them a ‘we saved the day’ chance of propaganda

Isn’t it nice to be back arguing about actually going to games again?
My view is that in general (not always but mainly) those that go to CL away group games are those with highest points and will also be going oknockout games including finals. It’s the age old argument.
And if those going to the group games are also going to most other games rather than just European jollies they have the high points anyhow.
Tonster, in general you are correct.
but I have seen some faces at knockout away games that I have never seen at group matches.
the crackers decision of stopping points for away games just made this situation worse
the sad thing about the current situation is that you can’t just go to the venue to soak up the atmosphere Even if you didn’t have a ticket.
for some people, that was enough in itself.

Think UEFA are requesting 25% capacity, so that’d be 22,500. Doubt either club would get much more than 7,000 tickets in that scenario.
Even 7,000 in a 22,500 crowd is more than we'd normally expect as a percentage. If it is at Wembley we can expect more genuine fans due to the time constraints and restrictions. The wining and dining might be less than normal.

Whilst fully aware that it is a UEFA event, the government's claim to be doing it for the fans means that 4,000 tickets-per-club really won't cut it. I'd expect 7,000 at the very least. Wishful thinking to believe that the government are fighting our corner.

I'd love to think that they could make it a third full (30,000), with 11,000 going to each club. Very unlikely, I know.

Think UEFA are requesting 25% capacity, so that’d be 22,500. Doubt either club would get much more than 7,000 tickets in that scenario.
Wasn’t Istanbul supposed to be 25,000 tickets of which we were getting 4,000 each?

Hypothetically what would people prefer. 60,000 fans in Portugal or 22,500 in Wembley?

Probably 3x more fans going, it would certainly feel more like a Champions Leafue final, but obviously more expensive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.